Welcome to Rise Forums

Join our fantastic community to connect with like-minded website owners, WordPress users, and online entrepreneurs.

Changing Back To Regular Wp Comments...

Discussion in 'WordPress Questions & Support' started by Heather, Aug 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I like Disqus, but I never could get it to allow guest commenting (I think maybe I have two different Disqus accounts, or something. At any rate, I couldn't figure it out.), and I haven't gotten as much commenting as I used to get before I started using it.

Is there anything special I need to know to change back to regular commenting? Will I lose my Disqus comments if I change back?

2. Did you ever see my tutorial Heather? https://woorkup.com/disqus-anonymous-comments/

If not, to change back. I would just go into the Disqus settings and click that "Sync comments" button once.
    You shouldn't need to do that as comments normally sync automatically, but just to be safe. Especially if you have some recent comments.

Then you can delete the disqus plugin.

[​IMG]

Heather likes this.
  3. I think I did see your tutorial, and I ran into some insurmountable issue... although at this point I can't rememer exactly what it was.

Maybe I should try one more time to enable it and if I can, see what happens, see if I get more comments.

Thanks for sharing the screen shot of what to do to change back. I really appreciate that. Otherwise I know I'd be so scared of messing something up.

4. Okay, actually, I had already set that up... Guests were allowed to comment. So for whatever reason, I was not getting many comments at all.

I guess my readers aren't familiar with it or... ? Who knows.

5. #5 Heather, Aug 31, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
    Edited to add... I am just deleting my last comment because I think I figured something else out.

And, thanks again, @Brian Jackson . If I can help you with anything, let me know. (Maybe some editing? Or, I don't know.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.