Welcome to Rise Forums

Join our fantastic community to connect with like-minded website owners, WordPress users, and online entrepreneurs.

Your Suggestions for New Forum Rooms

Discussion in 'Community Announcements' started by Kevin Muldoon, Jul 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I think the forum has the right balance of the number of forum rooms and members. However, in the future, I would like to add additional forum rooms to Rise Forums.

In particular, I think the forum would benefit from some additional marketplace type rooms. For example, a Job Board room in which members can post ads for writers they are looking for.

If you have any suggestions of your own, please make them here and I will take a note of them and consider them for the future :)

Kevin

Brian Jackson likes this.
  2. I would like a job board.... even right now I might have a client needing a website, etc... that I just don't have time to take on. Would love to offer any extra gigs to Rise members first if they are interested.

3. I think a job board would be a great addition to the forums.

I have just added a job board discussion room. Once it becomes more popular, it may be worth splitting the room into two rooms: Wanted jobs and advertised jobs. Alternatively, we could use two thread prefixes for this. It's something we can review at a later date.

I have not restricted the job board for premium members. This is something that we can do later once it has become more popular :)

4. Awesome thanks Kevin! I'm sure I will get good use out of this room :) This weekend I can probably post up one or two gigs.

5. Cool. I want the forum to grow organically and add more rooms as and when needed. But sometimes, a certain topic won't be started unless there is a room for it.

I am keen to make the marketplace and job board more active as I think it would benefit forum members. Plus I believe it will attract more like minded people to the forum.

6. I have a suggestion. In fact a really good one.

A Youtube room, well more like video editing room stroke Youtube room. We could talk editing videos/making videos to putting them on YouTube and getting views and stuff.

Maybe?

7. I agree George - that is a great suggestion. I have added a vlogging room.

I'm not sure if vlogging is the best name for the room, but it will do for now :)

8. I was thinking more YouTube marketing, but vlogging is a good start. :)

9. If that room gets more active, we could always start breaking it into sub rooms - editing, marketing, making money etc. :)

George Dinmore likes this.
  10. Hi Kevin,
    May I suggest you to have a new forum room ONLY for Wordpress related videos: wordpress tutorials, tips, reviews etc... ; Its like having a dedicated video forum for wordpress. Youtube is ocean now...; I am sure it will help lot of people to learn about wordpress.

regards,
    vamsi

11. Hi Vamsi,

I don't think such a room is necessary at this time. The forum is not active enough to have multiple WordPress related discussion rooms.

You are free to post any WordPress related videos in threads in the current WordPress room.

Kevin

12. Sure Kevin...Thank you

Kevin Muldoon likes this.
  13. Kevin, What about room that discuses email marketing, list building etc.? List building is a great way to avoid traffic loss when the algorithims in the search engines change.

Thanks
    Scott:)

14. We can put list building in the internet marketing room just now. However, it could be worthwhile adding that as a separate room since it is such a big topic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.