Welcome to Rise Forums

Join our fantastic community to connect with like-minded website owners, WordPress users, and online entrepreneurs.

A Big Welcome to Invitees

Discussion in 'Community Announcements' started by Kevin Muldoon, May 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A big welcome to all of our new members. I hope you enjoy being part of the community and participate in our discussions.

Once you have browsed the forums a little, I encourage you to introduce yourself to the community. It is a great way of getting to know everyone :)

As you know, Rise Forums has always been a premium forum. While premium membership will continue to be available, I want to introduce a free option for other people. This membership option will not be allowed to upload images, or use a signature, or use the private messaging system. However, free account users will still be able to participate in the forum.

For the time being, I want to keep free membership applications on an invite only basis. There are a few benefits to this.

Firstly, it stops me from being overwhelmed from too much activity. If too many people signed up at once, it would be difficult for me to get to know everyone and help out. This could potentially lead to possible long term members leaving because they have a bad impression of the forum. Plus, I need to ensure that premium members continue to get good support here.

If we bring free members in more slowly, we can scale the growth of the forum up intelligently so that it everyone has a better user experience.

Secondly, an invite system cuts out a lot of the problems that are associated with open registration such as an influx of spammers and advertisers who just harass members.

In the long term, I will probably open the forum up to the general public, however I want to grow the forum slowly first. This will help us set the tone and build up a good atmosphere in the forums. Something that is sadly missing from a lot of other forums.

Once we have a good member base of 100 or so free members, I am keen to introduce a member invitation system. This will allow every member to invite a few friends to join the community. This will help us grow the forum and I believe it will make it a great place to hang out and discuss internet marketing.

If you have any questions, please leave a reply. I will do my best to respond quickly and if necessary, update this post to add in any important information that I missed.

And finally.....welcome aboard. Great to have you all here :)

Kevin

kulwantnagi, Shyuan and Soki like this.
  2. A very well planned strategy to keep the forum good quality ;) unlike many other forums where they just want to boost the visits to their forums and they don't care about the quality of their forums. Thanks for free membership as well :)

furiousstyles and Kevin Muldoon like this.
  3. No problem. Yeah I think it is in everyone's benefit for the forum to grow at a steady rate rather than having one thousand people here one week and ten the next. Plus, it is better to shape a forum and get it going when there are a core set of good members :)

4. Thanks Kulwant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.