Welcome to Rise Forums

Join our fantastic community to connect with like-minded website owners, WordPress users, and online entrepreneurs.

Add meta descriptions?

Discussion in 'SEO & PPC Marketing' started by Heather, Nov 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm now trying to add meta descriptions to my site, and I am just learning about this.

I added something under the Home tab in my Wordpress SEO plugin. Is this what becomes the short descriptive paragraph under the site title in Google?

One question I have is how do you add the part that shows up next to your site title? (the few words or keywords that are also in bold in the search results)?

Also... I'm sure I need to improve what I wrote in my meta description. I really need to figure out what keywords I'm targeting or should target. But right now I'm just trying to start and keep going more than anything. And try to write good content.

Also I need to study how to use WP SEO. I'm sure I'll have q's after I do that... :)

2. Correct :)

You should edit the homepage title I believe.

Here's the thing, the Meta Description has no bearing on your site's SEO. So instead of focussing on keywords, use this to entice clicks. A good example will be to use your Unique Selling Point. Why should users click on your link rather than anybody else's?

Brian Jackson and Heather like this.
  3. Thank you so much, Rhys! I'll see if I can edit the homepage title... Oh, and I'm glad you understood what I meant about the paragraph under the main title. I'm sure there's a term for it.

Thank you for clearing that up about the metadescription and seo... I will see if I can entice them! :)

4. Heather likes this.
  5. Whatever words the searcher used in their search will be bold if they appear in your description.

Heather likes this.
  6. Yeah you are right. But some people adding keywords inside the meta description and this is not a right way. My suggestion is try to make some sentence as a meta description and add your some important keywords inside the meta description and try to bold that keywords.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.