Welcome to Rise Forums

Join our fantastic community to connect with like-minded website owners, WordPress users, and online entrepreneurs.

Anyone using Brain.fm

Discussion in 'Productivity' started by Joe F, Mar 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I've been using it for a while to help me focus more when writing and I have to say, it works pretty well.

Anyone else tried it? There's a free trial on the site and it has other modes that can help you sleep or relax.

Heather and Brian Jackson like this.
  2. I tried out brain.fm, pretty cool! I use free version of Spotify which has an amazing "Focus" section under genres/moods.

One of my favorites is Electronic Study Music: https://open.spotify.com/user/spotify/playlist/65y98W0UItf73DJKVgylTP

Some low-key music definitely keeps me from getting distracted. I don't know what it is about it, but if I don't have music playing while I write, I get distracted almost immediately.

Heather likes this.
  3. Yeah, I find I get distracted similarly.

Does the Spotify focus stuff use special brain wave stuff like Brain Fm?

Heather likes this.
  4. I am pretty sure that it's Brain.fm that I tried to buy on Black Friday, but it didn't work.. (I mean, I couldn't buy it.) I'd like to though... I really liked it.

Do you guys meditate? Just curious... that really helps with developing your ability to pay attention. I wonder if it helps with concentrating on work. That, I'm not sure. But I do know for sure that it helps with anxiety and depression and just being more responsive and less reactive... :)

I'll have to check out that Spotify channel. I was just about to discontinue Spotify, too. Dang you, Brian! lol... j/k. ha ha! I do love Spotify, but I use it in spurts.

5. I will also say, I totally get the difficulty of paying attention. Especially while sitting at the computer... Our minds are waterfalls of thoughts. And it's easy to just get lost in it.

6. @Heather , there was a $99 lifetime deal of Brain.fm at Appsumo a few days ago. I got the BF lifetime deal at $27.

But, unfortunately, it doesn't work for me at all - for whatever reason I don't understand. I seem to like [email protected] better.

I don't think stopify is available in India. I see this message on their site:
    Spotify is currently not available in your country.

Heather likes this.
  7. Heather and Raspal like this.
  8. I've tried meditating in the past and it seemed to help with concentration etc.

Just can never get the motivation to do it regularly.

Heather likes this.
  9. If I have been working late I like to do some deep breath mediation whilst trying to get to sleep - basically breathing out really slowly, it really calms down the nervous system.

Heather likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.