Welcome to Rise Forums

Join our fantastic community to connect with like-minded website owners, WordPress users, and online entrepreneurs.

Are Youtube Links In Description Dofollow?

Discussion in 'SEO & PPC Marketing' started by Paulo Calisto, Apr 21, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi All,

I'm creating some video lessons and upload it to youtube before I embedded on my site. I also make a short description on youtube with the link, " to read the full post click here " Are this dofollow links?

Thanks for your help.

2. Hi Paulo.

I always include links in my YouTube descriptions.

I just checked one of my videos and noticed that all links have rel="nofollow" and target="_blank" attached to them.

Kevin

3. Yeah they're nofollow.

To be honest, I care more about the traffic than anything link juice.

4. Youtube videos will help your SEO but maybe not via link juice. I am sure you are aware that YouTube is owned by Google and YouTube content does rank highly in Google search results even without links to that Youtube video.

So the page you link too might not benefit or see increased rankings, but the video you have created will rank highly resulting in more traffic to the linked page.

You could look at using video content on the page you are linking to. This might help its rankings on Google as Google likes video content.

Two tips:
    Are you suing CTA overlays in your videos? I would link in your description and within your videos.

Do you use a Vimeo account for your videos? This can be a way to get more links & more traffic from your video content

Kevin Muldoon likes this.
  5. The insertion of links in the video doesn't help but generates traffic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.