Welcome to Rise Forums

Join our fantastic community to connect with like-minded website owners, WordPress users, and online entrepreneurs.

Best Ecommerce Wordpress Plugin For Digital Sales

Discussion in 'Ecommerce' started by Kevin Muldoon, Apr 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I think I have tested every eCommerce WordPress plugin available on the market for the purpose of reviews for my blogs and the blogs of others.

Unfortunately, it has been a very long time since I have used one on my own website. In fact, it could be as long as seven or eight years as I used to use a plugin to sell a WordPress theme through my old website BloggingTips.com.

Rather than just use simple PayPal buttons, I am thinking of using something more feature rich such as Easy Digital Downloads or WooCommerce.

Right now the aim is to make it easy for advertisers to purchase advertising, sponsored reviews etc.

However, in time I would like to options to purchase advertising through my blog. I may also look at other digital products I can sell through my website such as eBooks, PDFs, guides etc. That, however, will come later.

The aim just now is to improve the look and buying experience of website owners who want to purchase reviews. This should lead increase income through the blog.

What do you guys think is the best option for this?

I want something flexible, but I also want something fast. Therefore, I don't want any solution that slows down my whole website despite the fact I only have one or two main sales pages.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this and what you think is the best option to sell digital items on a WordPress website.

Thanks,
    Kevin

2. Hey Kev!

You won't go wrong with both, though I'm more towards the WooCommerce side as they're revamping their databases in order to accommodate large volume ecommerce sites :) In the long run, you might want to sell more than just digital items, but perhaps things like mugs, t-shirts and the likes? Extending the website is a good way to earn more.

3. EDD. I use it and there is so much you can do with it out the box.

I use it for WP Email Capture and Winwar Media and both work so, so well on it.

I wouldn't use WooCommerce for digital sales (though it can handle it), but then again I wouldn't use EDD for physical sales (though it can handle it)

4. Thanks for the feedback guys.

I don't see myself selling physical items on my website. It's not like anyone wants a mug with my face on it ;)

So do you think from a digital sales point of view, EDD is the best option?

5. I would say so.

Out of the box that's what it's set up for :)

(Oh and I'd totally buy that mug!)

Kevin Muldoon likes this.
  6. Thanks Rhys. I'll try and sort it this week. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.