Welcome to Rise Forums

Join our fantastic community to connect with like-minded website owners, WordPress users, and online entrepreneurs.

Celebrating 1,000 Downloads!

Discussion in 'Video & Audio Recording' started by Heather, May 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey, there! Last week I reached 1,000 downloads of my podcast. Yay!

I also had my highest single day number of downloads, with 50 in one day of my latest episode, which is also my first solo episode. I just kind of riffed on my recent blog post and added more related to some questions that had come up. I feel good about overcoming that barrier of recording one, just me.

I wish I knew exactly why I had that 50 download day, too. I posted the link on Twitter, and I shared on my profile about the 1,000 downloads, and that post got a lot of exposure. And... I think that's it.

Anyway, just thought I'd share with y'all, too.

2. That's great. Sounds like your podcast is growing in popularity.

Are you seeing an increase in downloads with every episode you publish?

3. Not so far, not really. They seem to vary, and I think it depends largely on how popular my guest is and how much they share it.

On the other hand, when I look at my stats, there is a slight upward trend for total downloads in general for the past few months, since I started up again with Season 2. It would help to publish more often, it's just a ton of work. If I had sponsors I could outsource the editing and shownotes... that would save a ton of time. I'll definitely be thinking about it.

4. Yeah that is something to consider. Editing the episodes will be time-consuming. It's the same for me when I produce videos that require lots of fixes. Such a pain in the bum!

Heather likes this.
  5. Yes, the recording is fun and only takes as long as our conversation, around 45 minutes. But even though I don't do extensive editing, I do listen to the whole thing and edit a bit (I'm so bad about saying UM!) and also write down show notes, then I have to also record the intro and outtro and edit the entire thing together with the music and all... Then type in the show notes, copy and paste into Libsyn, also create show art in Canva (although that's easy), and then add in links in the notes in Libsyn, publish it...

Then I have to create the blog post and format it all, putting in links, too... And then I need to send an email about it to my people, and also share it in a few places and buffer more shares if I'm smart. The good thing is I'm doing better about following a system and getting faster, but it is still just plain time-consuming.

I'm going to try to actually start sharing more about my own own offers though, basically being my own sponsor, so we'll see how that goes.

Anyway, thanks for listening to me vent. I really do love it though and am glad to be doing it. You really have to love it and want it to be able to sustain it, particularly if you're doing it all by yourself.

Oh, also I have to share links with my guest, and I also create pretty links and bit.ly links and add them to my show notes document and podcast info document for future reference.

Do you have a workflow that you always follow, Kevin?

6. I don't mind ums and ahhs etc. I leave everything in unless I completely lose my train of thought. In that case, I normally just rerecord.

I don't really follow a workflow. I just record the video and then do my best to get it uploaded quickly. Well, that is always the plan :)

Heather likes this.
  7. What are you using to track your downloads?

Congratulations :)

Heather likes this.
  8. I have advanced stats with my podcast host, Libsyn. I love Libsyn.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.