Welcome to Rise Forums

Join our fantastic community to connect with like-minded website owners, WordPress users, and online entrepreneurs.

Check Out My First Wp Plugin

Discussion in 'WordPress Plugins' started by Katherine, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Hi guys,

My name is Kat and I’m excited to join the Rise Forum. This is my first time posting on the forum. I want to share with you a WordPress plugin that I co-developed with my partner Chris. It’s called CozyCal, a lightweight appointment scheduling plugin with a minimalist style for individual small business owners.

CozyCal is on the WP plugin directory. We realized that there is still a huge hole in calendar plugins in the WP ecosystem. Most calendar/scheduling plugins are either too expensive or too complex for individual small business owners. We hope that CozyCal’s simple interface and affordable pricing could make online scheduling process easy for WP users.

We would love to hear your feedback on CozyCal. We want to keep refining it and make it the best calendar plugin in the WP community. We are also working on features in our public Trello. Thanks!

Please check CozyCal out at:
    Cozycal link: https://cozycal.com/
    WP plugin directory link: https://wordpress.org/plugins/online-booking/

2. Hi Kat.

Welcome to Rise Forums.

Congratulations to you and Chris on releasing your first WordPress plugin. Looks like it has some positive reviews on WordPress.org already.

I assume you have been coding for years. Were you working for a company previously?

Kevin

3. Hi Kevin,

Nice e-meeting you.

Chris is the developer for CozyCal. You can find his personal site here https://csytan.com/

I'm an ex-healthcare consultant. Now, I run the Marketing / customer service support for CozyCal.

If you have any comments or feedback for CozyCal, we would love to know!

Best,
    Kat

Kevin Muldoon likes this.
  4. haha I got caught out by Chris's photo on his personal website. That's a simple little photo trick, but it works really well.

I've tested a few calendar style widgets in the past for reviews etc, but it's not something I've had to use myself.

5. Haha, Chris's photo on his personal website can be hypnotizing. Kevin, I would recommend you to not spend too much time staring at it :D

Since Chris left his job back in June, he was able to work more on CozyCal . However, we're experiencing the pain of acquiring and converting more customers.

The scheduling plugin space is pretty competitive. If anyone does a quick search for "online scheduling" on the WP plugin directory, there's quite a handful of scheduling plugins out there. We have about 30 paid customers now, but it's been very difficult for us to push beyond that number.

This community is built by WP plugin developers and lovers. If you have any advice or experience in how to market a WP plugin and get it in front of more people for them to try it out, I would love to hear them. Any advice is appreciated!

6. It is a very competitive market so WordPress users have access to dozens of calendar and scheduling plugins. That's not to say you can't be successful, you just need a kickstart to help you get established.
    • Reviews could help increase exposure about your plugin
    • Inclusion in plugin lists will help push traffic too
    • Displaying testimonials from customers and influencers in your marketing material can help
    • Partnering with other WordPress developers - you recommend them, they recommend you

7. Thanks Kevin for the great list! Very actionable.

For some reason, our users are happy about the product when we are talking to them over the phone, but when I follow up with them asking them to leave a review on our WP directory page. None of them did. Maybe they need to be nudged with some incentives...