Welcome to Rise Forums

Join our fantastic community to connect with like-minded website owners, WordPress users, and online entrepreneurs.

Do You Want Advertisers to Participate Here?

Discussion in 'Community Announcements' started by Kevin Muldoon, Jan 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I received an email today from a developer who is trying to market his backlinking software. He asked if it was possible to promote his product to Rise Forums members as he is looking for affiliates. He seems like a nice guy but I thought I would ask you all about this.

My own opinion is that I can see the pros and cons of advertisers being here. On the plus side, it would be great if we managed to use this place to network with those who market products and services.

On the other hand, I can see a lot of downsides to this. This can easily be abused. Some advertisers would be very pushy and I'd hate for the forum to go the way of places like Warrior Forum etc.

But perhaps there are other ways to handle this. For example, if someone says they are looking for affiliates, I could post here and those who were interested could contact them.

Would love to hear your thoughts on this issue.

Kevin

2. perhaps a board where advertisers ask for affiliates? benefits members who are looking for new niches.. a sort of insiders' niche research tool

3. Yeah I can see the benefits of it. I just need to work out the logistics of it. I could always let this guy create a thread and then we can see what happens. Going to speak to him on Skype at one point over the next few days.

4. How about some offer to the community? Like a perks board that SEOMoz does? Or am I just being cheeky :)

5. Not at all. I am not familiar with the perks board on SEOMoz. Is it mainly exclusive offers for members?

I organised a few competitions for members recently. I am keen to organise more. A member benefits/discounts room could be a great idea.

6. Yeah they offer discounts on partners. ManageWP does something similar :)

Kevin Muldoon likes this.
  7. I agree it would be cool networking with advertiser/vendors, however I really hate pushy salesman. I thought I could run away from them in the real world, turns out there are here on the internet too. o_O
    So a specific room for advertisers could work and that no other advertising thread should be created other then the specific room.

8. What I am worried about is that advertisers would be pushy. We can't have that. All the benefits of discounts and partnerships will disappear if advertisers annoy members.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

chongh3e likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.