Welcome to Rise Forums

Join our fantastic community to connect with like-minded website owners, WordPress users, and online entrepreneurs.

E-Commerce to Mailchimp List Advice/Question

Discussion in 'Ecommerce' started by Heather, Jan 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A good friend of mine has a question, and I told her I'd share it here to see if you all can help. If it makes a difference, her website is created with Drupal. Here is the question she has:

"Hello all! I've been using e-junkie for a while, connected to my mailchimp account - so that if someone purchases a retreat ticket via my shop they can automatically sign up to a mailing list within mailchimp. But what I really want to be able to do now is gather my purchaser's details into more segmented lists - so if they buy a day retreat ticket, they go into one mailing list in mailchimp; and if they buy a digitial DIY Mamas' Retreat Kit, they go into a different list... etc.

This doesn't seem to be possible with e-junkie. I see in mailchimp that there are different ecommerce plugins (3D Cart, Shopify, Zoomla, I don't know any of these?) that look like they may do this, as well as providing all sorts of useful extra info, and I'm wondering if anyone can give me a recommendation?

I chose e-junkie originally because I wanted to be able to do simple digital downloads, but the change in EU VAT laws last year put paid to that, so in theory I could just use my website/paypal (but again I can't see a way to link segmented info from here to mailchimp); but perhaps there's a better option?

Many thanks! xx"

Thank you!

~Heather

And hopefully before long this answer will benefit me as well, lol! :) (Not that I'm moving to Europe, just that I hope to sell more products and services.)

2. Heather likes this.
  3. Thank you, Kevin. I have done that before myself with my mailchimp, moved them from one list to another. Like when I had a specific opt in or whatever, I would later add them to my master list. I will definitely share that link with her.

Someone else suggested ConvertKit. But as far as I know (and I don't really know much) the main drawback is price. I noticed that @Adam Connell is now using ConvertKit... Maybe you can share a little bit, Adam?

4. Heather likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.