Welcome to Rise Forums

Join our fantastic community to connect with like-minded website owners, WordPress users, and online entrepreneurs.

Finally, A Small Amazon Affiliate Victory

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by Heather, May 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I wanted to share this here...

Remember last year I wrote the post about children's books for Mother's Day? (@Brian Jackson , you showed me how to do the buttons?)

Well, I changed the date earlier this month to make it current again, and it did well on Google and got a ton of FB shares, like 427, so I will FINALLY actually have a small check from Amazon, I think!!!

So I'm planning to write something similar for Father's Day and get that up soon. :)

Neat, huh?

Based on this, I guess I can also change the date on last year's Father's Day post about gift ideas... Right?

Tarannum and Brian Jackson like this.
  2. That is awesome Heather! Loving getting affiliate $$$ :) And yes, one of my posts recently blew up too, one I wrote 6 months ago lol. That's why I love evergreen content. You can keep getting traffic from it forever!

Doing a similiar thing for Father's day sounds like a great idea.

Really all people care about is getting the information they need. Sometimes changing dates is a controversial issue with bloggers, but if the content is relevant, I don't see any problem doing that.

Heather likes this.
  3. Thank you, Brian! @Brian Jackson

Yes, I don't see any problem with it, either, and if anything had changed or needed updating, I would do that. :)

Thank you for your encouragement about the Father's Day post, too!

About your traffic... Do you know if that's largely from Google? My traffic is still super low, but it seems that most of it does come from Google, and next from Facebook.

I was just thinking about the growth of your website, and I'm wondering what I could do to get more traffic. One thing is Facebook ads, which I do plan to do sometime again, but what about organic traffic? Do you think it's largely a matter of writing more about what people are searching for answers for? And being a little bit mindful of SEO?

I of course plan to be true to myself and what I want to offer and what I feel my readers really want and can use, but I just think about your traffic numbers, and I'm like, what can I do to improve this situation?

I know your website is awesome. I love it myself. And people with websites who are trying to make money are highly motivated to find answers, and yours are so good and reliable. I don't know...

My website is about people, especially moms, being happier. I bet if I posted more often, that would help. I am planning to try a little guest posting, too. I'm going to try to aim for some big sites.

:)

4. That's great to hear! I have still got my first affiliate check framed (it was for $12 from a long since dead ad network) :)

Heather likes this.
  5. wow, that's great news Heather! :) I recently got about $80 from writing about DNS changers on my tech site. Opened my eyes to the world of affiliate marketing

Heather likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.