Welcome to Rise Forums

Join our fantastic community to connect with like-minded website owners, WordPress users, and online entrepreneurs.

FreshBooks for Client Invoicing - Speed Up Your Finances

Discussion in 'Productivity' started by Brian Jackson, Mar 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So my partner and I were looking for a good, easy to use software that we could invoice clients and everything would be in one place when it comes to tax time. PayPal is lacking features such as adding "manual" payments say if they pay in cash, etc...

We ended up going with Freshbooks (http://www.freshbooks.com/). I just sent out our third invoice with the software and after using it for a bit, I highly recommend it. It integrates with Paypal, so clients can still pay with CC via Paypal (without an account), but then all the reporting features are done in Freshbooks. I can even see activity data like if a client has viewed an invoice, printed the invoice, etc...

I can input all of our monthly expenses as well too.

For the price, Freshbooks is definitely already saving me tons of time and I highly recommend it if you need to keep track of your business finances and expenses separately. Quickbooks and other accounting software is great, but the simplicity of Freshbooks really speeds things up for me.

The reporting is top notch as well.

2. I have looked at FreshBooks before but never used it. I didn't realise it integrated with PayPal so well. That does seem like a great feature.

In order to integrate it right, do you need to ensure that all invoices are sent to clients using a FreshBooks invoice, or can it import previous transactions into FreshBooks?

I need to do my accounts soon so this could save me a lot of time.

3. I use Freshbooks and love it. I tried using a spreadsheet template and a few other manual approaches but now I save lots of time using FB.

I use the timer a lot too to track my time so I can see how long jobs take me (even though I don't charge by the hours, just for my own reference).

Great tool!

4. After a having a lot of problems with a severe bug in Quickbooks, I ended up going with Zoho Books. I've been using it for a couple of months now and I have to say that I'm extremely impressed. Zoho also hooks into your Paypal account for online payments. The two best features I like about Zoho so far, are the fixed price model ($24 a month no matter how clients you have) and the time tracker.

5. I'm also using Zoho without paypal though. It works like charm. No complains yet. :)

6. I have heard good things about Zoho... Looks like it is working good for you guys.

Also note, since posting this Freshbooks now supports https://stripe.com/ as a payment processor. In fact I don't use PayPal at all anymore. Stripe processes the payments and it goes straight into my bank account from Freshbooks. No more transferring from PayPal to bank. Also, Stripe allows me to setup re-occuring billing profiles in Freshbooks. For example, I have a couple clients that I host their websites for them and charge them monthly fee. Instead of messing with PayPal signup button for billign, etc... I can create a re-occuring billing for each client in Freshbooks, processes with Stripe. :) Love it!

7. I'm still using Freshbooks but my accountant has recommended I switch to FreeAgent as that is what they prefer.

The main drawback of Freshbooks, as far as I can tell is that it doesn't connect to a bank account, and doesn't give any kind of balance on money going out and money coming it, or even any basic reporting such as how much you've invoiced or been paid this month - or am I missing something?

I'm reluctant to make the switch, but is there a better option out there I could be using that gives a better overview of your earnings and expenses or pnl balance?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.