Welcome to Rise Forums

Join our fantastic community to connect with like-minded website owners, WordPress users, and online entrepreneurs.

Geo Targetting

Discussion in 'WordPress Questions & Support' started by Tanu Khatri, Jun 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi,

I want to show different content based on different audience.

I have some articles/pages which are common. Some are very specific as per country. Like the article on taxes for a specific country.

I did some research and found that I should make sub-folder.

What tool/plugin should I use for WordPress?

Thanks,

Tanu

2. Tanu Khatri likes this.
  3. Kevin Muldoon likes this.
  4. I would say this if you do geotargeting, I'd recommend you do it like Amazon. Target but offer them another location, rather than force them elsewhere.

Think of it this way, if I'm on holiday and order from Amazon, I probably would order from Amazon UK.

Tanu Khatri likes this.
  5. Very good point Rhys.

This is a pet hate of mine.

When I'm doing reviews, for example, I usually want to show it in US dollars as that is the default currency in web development, but some services will default to British pounds or Euros and not let me change.

Tanu Khatri likes this.
  6. Thanks for reply. Do you mean new domain?

7. Not necessarily.

Suppose you have a page on UK Tax and India Tax. I'm in the UK and wanting to read the page on India Tax. You detect I'm in the UK. What would be bad is if you automatically redirect me based on my location to the page on UK Tax, when I want to read the page on India Tax. What would be better is a banner appears up the top of the page saying "Hey, you're in the UK, this page is on India Tax, would you like to read about UK Tax?". That way I can choose to ignore it.

Hope that makes more sense :)

Tanu Khatri likes this.
  8. Got that. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.