Welcome to Rise Forums

Join our fantastic community to connect with like-minded website owners, WordPress users, and online entrepreneurs.

Greenshot Question

Discussion in 'WordPress Questions & Support' started by Heather, Dec 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm sorry if this is in the wrong forum. I wasn't sure where to put it.

I downloaded Greenshot, and now when I click on it, nothing happens, and I get an error message that says something like "another instance of Greenshot is already running."

That may be so, but I don't see it anywhere and can't figure out how to use it.

Any ideas?

2. Check your system tray if you are using Windows. An icon of greenshot will be displayed

3. Is that the line at the bottom, next to the start button? My snipping tool that I resorted to using is next to the Chrome icon. I guess the Greenshot icon should be there, too? It's not there.

4. Nope,
    Its small up arrow white button just before wifie, charger, speaker icons (bottom right) . Click on that icon, You will see the Greenshot Icon
    Below is screenshot
    [​IMG]

Heather likes this.
  5. Wow! Thank you so much. Yes, it was there. :) So that is the system tray...

Sanjay Ojha likes this.
  6. That will sometimes happen in Windows. If it happens again and Greenshot (or any other app) is not listed in the system tray, open up the task manager and check your active processes. It could be active and just not listed.

This is a problem created by the developer of the software, not Windows. For example, I get this program all the time with Todoist but it doesn't happen with other apps.

Heather and Sanjay Ojha like this.
  7. So, man, you using cyberghost too? :)

8. Sanjay, I meant the last icon in your tray, the one which looks like a grey ghost. It's a nice proggy and service.

I use FastStone capture for screenshots. What's great about greenshot?

9. Ohh that!! thats hangout in logged off mode :).

Greenshot, is easy and do my job, I get this recommendation from Kevin somewhere in forum. I have not compared it to FastStone and never used it , So can't be sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.