Welcome to Rise Forums

Join our fantastic community to connect with like-minded website owners, WordPress users, and online entrepreneurs.

Headspace

Discussion in 'Productivity' started by diywm, Oct 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 diywm, Oct 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2014
    There was a deal on AppSumo recently for Headspace where you get a free 10 day introduction to meditation. Meditation can help with all aspects of your life, health and business we're told, and I've been wanting to do it for some time, so I took up the offer.

Turns out you don't need the Appsumo deal as Headspace have a free 10 day trial on their website anyway.

So if it interests you head over there and do the 1o days. I'm on day 3 and am already feeling different. In a good way.

I can't post a link so just search for headspace.

UPDATED: https://www.headspace.com

2. Hey Diywm.

What does the service do? Is it an app to help you meditate? Is it music? A talking book?

Kevin

3. I love it. But then I have reached a point in my life where I need it! It is the brainchild of a guy who knows a huge amount about meditation. You can read his bio on the site. He is from the UK. It's a start-up that seems to be doing well.

It's SaaS. You log in, and on the free account you are presented with a 10 day course. It's very important to do one course unit per day for 10 days straight. Each one takes between 10 to 15 mins. So do it in the morning after you've read your email and before you start real work.

It has extremely high production values and the site is beautifully executed. You need headphones and you just sit in front of your monitor and listen to his voice and do as he says. Basically they are mind exercises in concentration, letting go, relaxation, stress reduction .... You get the feeling that you are in the presence of a rare and true expert - almost a privilege. Although I'm sure some people will find it all a bit too "out there".

It's really reasonably priced once I get past the free lessons. I will be joining. I was going to do TM (transcendental meditation) but this is a much better alternative for me.

4. Sounds great. It's easy to get caught up in a fast lifestyle that appears exciting on the surface, but is ultimately unrewarding. Sitting with your thoughts can help put things into perspective.

I have felt more stressed over the last few years as I had some injuries and could not exercise as much as I used to. Doing martial arts or going for a run is a great way of exercising, distressing, and getting away from the computer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.