Welcome to Rise Forums

Join our fantastic community to connect with like-minded website owners, WordPress users, and online entrepreneurs.

Honest Opinion on Some 3 and 4 Letter Domains

Discussion in 'Hosting & Domains' started by Kevin Muldoon, Nov 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Got a couple of domains that are expiring this week and I need to decide whether to renew them or let them expire. I have always thought they would be worth holding onto for developing in the future e.g. mixa for a music website, stir for a cooking website etc.

Though I have never got round to developing them and wondering whether it is worth renewing for another year as it will be unlikely I'll sell them.

mhc.info
    kdr.info
    nqr.info
    qrz.info
    stir.info
    mixa.org

What do you think?

Kevin

2. I can't see any future for them :)
    Release all in my opinion.

3. not that unique, you can let it go

4. Thanks guys. I needed tough love :LOL:

5. Recently, I started keep eying on expiring domain and lean a lot about their valuation. Initially I bought some expiring domain thinking that I can sell them on flippa or freemarket and can make money. but wasted my time and money.

6. Ya I would say let those go.

7. Sell them to a n00b *evil* :ROFLMAO:

Heather and Kevin Muldoon like this.
  8. The market for extensions such as infos dropped like a rock when all these other extensions became available. Most of the ones on Flippa are garbage.

Great idea. I'll post an ad in the marketplace soon offering you all an exclusive deal :ROFLMAO:

Boris Beo likes this.
  9. Keep in mind to add Black Friday discount :LOL:

Sanjay Ojha and Boris Beo like this.
  10. I'll give you an extra 10% discount on top of that too. Just for you :)

Heather likes this.
  11. Hi Kevin - You can try auction, or release them.

12. Personally I like stir.info and mhc.info. What price? Around reg price will buy it.

I dont understand domain pricing atall to be really frank. If you go out to sell then each individual has their opinion and say because of X reason it wont fetch value. But once you sell it suddenly there is value for the domain! Domain brokers have been successful in selling some odd domains for 4~5 figures when you feel who will be paying that much.

Last week I sold a 18 character .com 15 year old domain for mid $$$ when I had a range of anywhere from lower $$$ to high $$$. I currently have another domain for sale on Flippa which is a 14 year old .com domain so lets see how that goes. So it all depends on how others perceive the value of a domain. Some domains I had listed on flippa for mid $$ when I though end user would also be ready to pay low $$$ but they never sold. So there are no yardsticks for valuations and one has their own estimates of whether a domain might fetch value or not.

Sanjay Ojha likes this.
  13. Over the last 10 to 15 years, the value of good .com domains have increased as COM remains king. However, extensions such as info have dropped in price considerably due to all the other domain extensions that are available. I remember when .info was first launched and they were selling well. At the time, the main non-regional TLDs were com, net, and org. I made a little money by snapping up good info's at the time. I still have a soft spot for the extension over newer domain options.

At the end of the day, domains are worth what someone will pay for them. The more difficult it is for website owners to find a good domain, the more valuable good domains become.

Do you have an enom account?

14. Let me know your username and I'll send you the domains :)

prakash likes this.
  15. Sorry Prakash. I thought you were a premium member. Basic members can't send pm's.

16. Email me through the contact form at the bottom of the page or via my blog.

17. @Kevin Muldoon - Thanks used the contact form on forum to send details

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.