Welcome to Rise Forums

Join our fantastic community to connect with like-minded website owners, WordPress users, and online entrepreneurs.

How To Detect Any Blog/blogger Theme ?

Discussion in 'General WordPress Related Discussions' started by Modrid, Jun 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My reason for coming here is , i want to know how can i detect any blogger or wordpress running site theme ?
    If you have any better suggestion let me know.

hashiramawood likes this.
  2. I don't know of anything off the top of my head for blogger, but if you want to check a WordPress theme you can go to wpthemedetector / com and input the site and it will tell you the theme as well as some other stats about the site. I have always used it for self-hosted WP so I don't know if it works for the Free WP versions.

3. View source of the site, search for style.css and in there you'll find theme name, author, url, etc. (95% of sites).

Sakthi likes this.
  4. builtwith.com does work pretty well for this, but Kris' method works great if you know what you are looking for.

Kevin Muldoon likes this.
  5. I also suggest Kris method. It is best way to find theme name. Though it can also be spoofed.

6. Brian Jackson likes this.
  7. I'll make it even easier on folks - no need to inspect source and look for link tags...

Hit F12 to bring up developer mode in your browser. Depending on your browser:
    • Chrome: View the network tab. In the filter bar (top left corner), type .css - this will limit files to .css only - and search for Theme: XXXX
    • Firefox: Click Style Editor - the left hand menu will list all .css files, from here you can browse them and look for Theme: XXXX
    • IE/Edge: Get Chrome or Firefox, because seriously - Microsoft browsers? Really? o_O

8. There are many online tools that can do this job for you.
    Like: www.wpthemedetector.com
    Just input your web address, it will tell you the theme and plugins a WordPress site is using.

Kevin Muldoon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.