Welcome to Rise Forums

Join our fantastic community to connect with like-minded website owners, WordPress users, and online entrepreneurs.

How To Share A Free Book Chapter?

Discussion in 'Blogging & Content Marketing' started by Heather, Jul 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. If you had self-published a book and wanted to share a free chapter as a free opt-in offer on your website, would you just do that the same way as any other freebie, by creating it as a pdf, uploading to your website, and then just have the link to download on a thank you page?

Or is there some other way to do it?

Also, do you think Amazon cares if you do this, if you're also offering it for sale there (your book)?

:)

2. Yeah I would simply save a chapter as a PDF and deliver it to those who opt into your website. There are download managers available for WordPress that will help you manage this.

Heather likes this.
  3. Thank you, Kevin. Why would one need to use a download manager? What about just saving it in your Wordpress website and then sharing the link?

4. If you just share the link to your readers how will you get people to opt in?

5. For one, the download manager will let you track the number of downloads etc. It also helps you organise your files better.

6. @Rhys Wynne --I'd share the link after they opt in, on the final thank you page.

I'll have to read more about download managers. It sounds like it wouldn't be necessary though. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.