Welcome to Rise Forums

Join our fantastic community to connect with like-minded website owners, WordPress users, and online entrepreneurs.

How To Surpass Competitor On The First Page Of Google?

Discussion in 'SEO & PPC Marketing' started by OneEyedSeagull, Mar 27, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hy there!
    I'm working with a client that has about 12 sites (including his social media profiles), all about himself and his projects. My issue is that, at one point, one high DR publication wrote an article about him (not that complimentary, truth be told) and no matter how much SEO work I do, the publication link seems to be stuck somewhere between the 3rd-6th positions in Google (for brand related searches). I have created content, optimized it based on relevant keywords, performed technical on-site SEO, added AMP, structured data and some backlinks.
    What is your opinion? I'm really curious how you would approach this situation - removing a site from the first page of Google (with the help of 10+ sites that are all focused on branded keywords). Thanks in advance!

2. You're in an interesting position.

As someone who uses Google, I think it's good that people can't easily push down negative articles about someone or some thing. On the other hand, I know how easy it is for someone to start a hate campaign against a product, or service, and person, and this negativity and hurt business.

Do you know how that website has established their position? Is the article on a website with a great SEO ranking? What websites are linking to the article? Have a lot of people shared it?

I certainly don't claim to be an SEO expert, but looking at how they got into that position will help you see what you need to do to remove them.

OneEyedSeagull likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.