Welcome to Rise Forums

Join our fantastic community to connect with like-minded website owners, WordPress users, and online entrepreneurs.

I Sold My Surface Pro 4 To Buy The Hp Zbook G3

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Kevin Muldoon, Nov 14, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I recently decided to sell my Surface Pro 4. It was a great little laptop and easily the coolest tablet/laptop I have ever owned.

There were two problems with it.

One was that the laptop was so thin and fragile that I was always concerned about it getting damaged. Perhaps less of a concern if you are using it like a tablet, but as a laptop I knew that over time the back would get scraped etc.

The second issue was that it was not the best solution for editing video. I'm doing a lot of videos on YouTube and I wanted something that could handle video editing.

I still think the surface pro is a fantastic tablet and I may be tempted to purchase one of the cheaper versions in the future. For the time being, however, I need something more powerful for my main laptop.

You can see my thoughts in this video.

I bought the HP ZBook G3 as a replacement. This thing is an absolute power house. It has a 6820HQ i7 processor, 16GB of RAM (upgradeable to 32GB), and a 512SSD. It also has a 4GB DDR5 graphics card.

I am going to test video editing and see exactly how well it can cope with everything this week, but I suspect it will breeze through everything. It's much more powerful than my iMac so I might have to rethink my whole computing situation and perhaps sell my iMac in the future.

I recorded the video below shortly after buying it.

One thing that is maybe not clear in the above video is how good the screen is. It has a full 4k screen. It's gorgeous. This will be great for editing videos and for occasional gaming.

I'll let you know how I get on with it this week as I'm going to be recording some videos about it and testing it more.

Kevin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.