Welcome to Rise Forums

Join our fantastic community to connect with like-minded website owners, WordPress users, and online entrepreneurs.

Ideas For Getting More Editing Clients?

Discussion in 'Blogging & Content Marketing' started by Heather, May 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. If any of you have ideas for how I can get more editing/proofreading clients, I'm very interested in doing so. I'm thinking I should make a list of people to reach out to via email and ask them if they need someone or if they know of someone who might.

Other than that, I don't know. If any of you know of anyone who needs their blog posts, web copy, e-books, or something else edited, let me know. (Kevin, is this okay for me to ask here?) And I'd love your ideas if you have any. I did post something about it on my FB profile, but I could do it again.

2. Have you considered registering on freelancing websites. It could be worth creating an account there and then seeking work on their marketplaces. There are, of course, downsides to freelancing websites, but many people make money through them.

Heather likes this.
  3. Thanks... It has crossed my mind, and perhaps I should try it. It's something I know nothing about.

4. Have you tried reaching out to your local writers workshop? I know there's a few blogger/creative writing groups here in Manchester? That may help a bit.

Heather likes this.
  5. I don't know if we have that, but I will look into it. :) It sounds like it's definitely worth looking into it.

6. You should take a look at freelance websites like Freelance job, upworker. All are ready for you to work with!

Heather likes this.
  7. I think you should try upwork. After bidding for 30-40 projects, You will get success to get good work. I recently joined up work and got good work I have not expected.

Heather likes this.
  8. Thank you! I will check it out. :)

Tarannum likes this.
  9. @Heather, Besides editor and proofreader, You should try writing projects as you have awesome writing skill. ( I have read your some articles).

Heather likes this.
  10. Thank you, Tarannum! That's so nice of you to say. xo

Tarannum likes this.
  11. Yes, @Heather , @Tarannum is correct. Why not take writing projects too?

I've been researching and reading a LOT about how to get clients, these last few weeks.

Contact me via e-mail if you want those e-books. Some really great advice in them, I can't give it all here.

One thing though, it DOES take time to get clients. Create relationships, give valuable info/help and you start getting clients.

You don't want to SELL, you want to HELP others. You don't want MONEY, you want to provide VALUE.

Tarannum likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.