Welcome to Rise Forums

Join our fantastic community to connect with like-minded website owners, WordPress users, and online entrepreneurs.

Monetizing Instagram - advice?

Discussion in 'Social Media' started by Zoe Schmidt, Feb 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello guys!

I have not been here for a while, just some crazy stuff been going on since I moved to LA.
    But anyway. Back to business :) I've noticed that people here in California (mostly because all that glamor and glitz wannabe thing, I guess) are extremely fond of Instagram. They literally live in there!
    Everyone I know makes updates on a daily basis, and some people make really good money with IG.
    So, getting to the point. :rolleyes:

Can you suggest any obvious ways for an individual to monetize IG? If yes, I'd love to discuss them with you.
    And is there a purpose to spending time on IG for the sake of moneymaking at all?
    I mean, if there's none, why wasting the time then? :sneaky:

Thanks for your answers! I appreciate that!

2. A lot of PR and advertising companies work with people who have large followings on Twitter and Instagram etc. In order to attract sponsors like that, you need to have a large following.

Those with large followings on Instagram tend to be celebrities, large websites, and fitness people who like sharing pictures of their half-naked bodies. I am sure there are some other people who are popular on Instagram too, but it seems different to Twitter in that regard.

Do you have a large following on Instagram at the moment?

Kevin

Zoe Schmidt likes this.
  3. Hi Kevin! Unfortunately, not... I've had a personal IG account for myself for several years and I haven't been really active, because you know, I've been studying photography and trying my hand in different things,so basically I didn't see it as a marketing tool until recently. But here in LA it is all different because people are so self-obsessed, they keep posting IG and Snapchat all the time! So I've been thinking of working out a strategy of gaining followers starting a new IG account.
    It is exactly like you said,I'm not a celebrity yet :LOL: and not thinking of having a nip and tuck, brazilian butt-lift or whatever ppl is obsessed with :):):)
    Anyway, I heard there is a thing with buying IG followers' profiles, but I would like to learn an expert opinion. I don't think that fraud will actually be helpful in developing a business... What are your thoughts?

Kevin Muldoon likes this.
  4. I am not too familiar with Instagram (beyond having an account), but I do know that on Facebook and Twitter they cracked down on fake accounts. It was funny when they did this as it highlighted that a lot of celebrities had bought a large percentage of their followers.

I don't know if they have cracked down on this kind of thing on Instagram yet, but I imagine they would do so if it became a problem.

5. :D Right, now I remember hearing something like this... Ah, Kevin, some things online just seem unattainable:cry::cry::cry:
    Anyway, here's what I found in an article that dates back to 2014. You can see the quote below:

A site like Buzzoid charges as little as $3 per every 100 followers, and Hypez charges $30 for 2,500. These sites generally offer bot followers who lack engagement—something most bloggers shy away from.
    Instead, many turn to more advanced services, like Buy Instagram Followers, which operates active Instagram accounts that interact with its paying customers. Its packages range from $90 for 1,000 followers to $1,350 for 15,000 followers, a small price to pay for what bloggers believe it can do for them. The business, based in the U.S. and India, has been maintaining fake but active Instagram accounts for the past two years, gaining about 10 new clients a week, one employee told over email.

And another curious one regarding the payments:

"Companies pay bloggers based on a perception of influence. When a company gives a blogger $50,000 to be a brand spokesblogger or for a product placement under the impression they are reaching 250,000 fans, they are being defrauded if 50% of those fans don't exist. If that sort of practice came to light in the real world, people would probably be getting sued, but since it's blogland, they seem to get away with anything."

Pretty costly I'd say. But then again, I think one has to define if this is what they really need. Right now for me it is not.

Kevin Muldoon likes this.
  6. find sponsorship

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.