Welcome to Rise Forums

Join our fantastic community to connect with like-minded website owners, WordPress users, and online entrepreneurs.

My First Attempt at a Gaming Video

Discussion in 'Video & Audio Recording' started by Kevin Muldoon, Oct 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Right I managed to stream for about an hour and a half last night. After stopping, I did another half hour stream and got it into YouTube. Here it is :-

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6Qc6qJRwA25Az--tSLU_PEf_dhOz-DR2

Be warned: I got distracted by a mate joining the chat room, so it's a lot of rambling and dead silence, I'm going to attempt a proper half hour stream tonight.

2. I was watching for 30minutes, then Counter Strike won ;)

3. I had never seen that before Rhys. I love the retro style of the game.

Is there a way for you to add live commentary to the game through Xbox One and Twitch?

4. Yeah, is it not on the video?

The second video has it, weird....

5. Yeah it isn't playing in the first one. It sounds good in the second one. Completely changed my enjoyment of the video. It's much better with commentary.

At times it was hard to hear you because of the sound of the game itself. This is something I have struggled with myself. I recorded my video and audio separately so I was able to spend a lot of time messing around with it during the edit stage. However, later today I hope to record everything using OBS in one take. So I will need to get it right.

It's a difficult thing to balance. If the gameplay is too loud, people cannot hear your commentary. If the gameplay is too quiet, they may not feel involved in the game.

I might do some searching online to see if there are recommended audio settings for gaming videos with commentary.

6. Interesting thanks for that feedback :)

The microphone is at 100% so I'm not sure if there's a way to drop the music/sound. I'll have a play around, I'm sure it's possible though!

Kevin Muldoon likes this.
  7. Right then, raising this a wee bit (so sorry about rehashing a long since dead thread)

I have decided (recently) to switch up my videos a wee bit, doing shorter videos, recording the voices separately. This is largely due to the fact that the internet here is crap so cannot stream for long and cannot upload massive videos. I'd love some feedback as I'm not sure where to go on these or even how to promote them.

8. Really good Rhys. I like the way you have did that video. When I did something similar myself I found it easier to make the video more concise as it stopped me from waffling on during the game.

That game looks like a lot of fun.

I haven't got a PS4 or Xbox One yet. I still use the Wii U and PS3. I thought I would have bought one by now, but to be honest I'm not sure I will yet. I was in CEX the other day and was in gaming heaven. Picked up old classic PS3 games like John Madden for £1 and Virtua Fighter for £3. There's so many classics on the PS3 I still want to play and I still think the graphics look amazing (I am a big retro gamer so anythign after the SNES is "Wow" to me in the graphics department).

The new Drakes Fortune might entice me to get a PS4 though. I loved those games on the PS3.

Heather likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.