Welcome to Rise Forums

Join our fantastic community to connect with like-minded website owners, WordPress users, and online entrepreneurs.

My Venture Into Mining Cryptocurrency

Discussion in 'Cryptocurrency' started by Kevin Muldoon, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Over the last month or so I have been documenting my journey into the world of cryptocurrency on my tech YouTube channel.

I started off with one and then two 1080 TIs in my PC. Once I had spent a few weeks familiarising myself with how it all worked, I took a leap of faith and built three 8 mining rigs with 1060 6GBs. A total of 24 graphics cards across three pcs.

In the video below you can see just how much equipment that was.

The video below shows you my 24 GPU mining rig. I still had two 1080 TIs running in my main pc, so a total of 26 graphics cards were running at all times.

Since recording the above video, I have built a fourth mining rig which contains four 1080 TIS. So at the moment I have 30 graphics cards mining coins for me every day.

If you have built a PC before, you know how to build a mining rig. It's essentially the same process, but you do need to tweak your computers a little differently once you have set everything up so that they run all the time without any unwelcome restarts.

Have any of you ever considered doing some GPU mining?

Kevin