Welcome to Rise Forums

Join our fantastic community to connect with like-minded website owners, WordPress users, and online entrepreneurs.

Need Feedback For My New Social Stats Plugin

Discussion in 'WordPress Plugins' started by Ravinder, Nov 21, 2017.

?
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. May be

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. I have released my first WordPress Plugin in Wordpress.org and looking for some early feedback. This plugin surfaced out of my own need to track social counts of my WordPress blog. Many existing plugins are not actively being developed and counts are not accurate. So, I have created a plugin on my own.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/social-engage/
    social engage know your social stats and metrics.png

This plugin will scan the social networks for shares, likes, retweets and pins. Admin will be presented with a beautiful dashboard to track most shared posts.

2. Hi Ravinder.

I didn't think this was possible anymore. Didn't the social media networks start hiding things like this? I know other WordPress plugins like this stopped working properly.

Kevin

3. Only Twitter stopped giving count but there are alternate ways to get the approximate count. As far as other networks including FB, Pinterest and LinkedIn is concerned, nothing has changed. Most of the plugins have not updated to point to latest API from social networks which is causing them to not work properly. My plugin uses the recent API and it works perfectly fine. Although I have put a limit to give shared count for up to 60 posts from a blog to be in their limits.
    Let me know if you have any other questions. Thank you for bringing this point.

Ravinder

Kevin Muldoon likes this.
  4. Ahhh ok. That's good you've found a way round that.

60 posts is quite limiting, but I am sure smaller blogs and websites will find the plugin useful.

5. Thank you Kevin. I will try to increase the limit based on the response from initial users.

Kevin Muldoon likes this.