Welcome to Rise Forums

Join our fantastic community to connect with like-minded website owners, WordPress users, and online entrepreneurs.

Need input on how to do something... email or opt-in box?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by Heather, May 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am going to try to find some mamas that I can interview in order to do some research to help with my coaching business. I am asking for them to let me interview them via phone, skype, or email, and in exchange I will give them a 30 minute coaching session.

I'm going to email my list with this, and I'm also putting it in a blog post.

In my post, do you think I should ask them to email me or actually put in a new opt-in box that connects to a separate mailing list in my Mailchimp? (I've never done the latter, so just putting my email address would be easier for me.)

If put my email, do you think I should spell it out, like heather (at) happinessmama (dot) com like people do, or is that necessary? I could also link to the contact page in my blog.

Any thoughts on this are appreciated. :)

2. It depends on how big a response you think you will get. If you think you are going to be contacted by more than, say, ten people. It could be worthwhile to set up a list so that you can contact them at your own pace. This would also save you a lot of back and fourth via email as they would know that you will contact them when you are ready.

If you only have a couple of people contact you, email is simpler and more practical.

My advice is if you have a responsive readership that interacts with you a lot, set up the mailing list :)

Heather likes this.
  3. when I think about contacting interviews, I think of Noah Kagan's (of Appsumo) method. As such, he recommends reaching out to your friends first and then asking them to help refer you to their friends. That's an easy way to get 100 :D

Heather likes this.
  4. Thank you!

I'm thinking I won't get a big response because my mailing list is tiny. I talked to another friend about this, and she suggested that I just start with email, and then later if the number gets bigger and I need to, I can transfer them into a mailing list manually.

Since creating a new list in Mailchimp feels hard to me (I'm sure it wouldn't be all that hard, but it does feel hard), I'm thinking I'll try to take the path of least resistance at the moment and just try to keep it as simple as possible. Although what you said about being freer to contact them at my own pace is something I hadn't thought about.

Okay, for now, I'm just keeping it super simple and doing email (directly).

And Leo, good idea about asking friends to think about friends they know who might be interested.

I want to really be clear about who my target people are so that I spend my time with my ideal clients.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.