Welcome to Rise Forums

Join our fantastic community to connect with like-minded website owners, WordPress users, and online entrepreneurs.

Passive Income - How Much Is Worth It?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by Rhys Wynne, Jan 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So, here's one for you, from the discussion of my friend's site. To those who build up a network of affiliate sites, how much do you keep certain sites around passive income wise?

One of my sites is approximately earning about £15-25 a month or so, with zero maintenance (beyond plugin updates and the odd published guest post), so I'm tempted to just keep it around, ticking it over.

At what point to you cut your losses at a site, even though it's earning, and just let it die?

2. I have a couple of websites that make a little money for me.

One in particular has not been updated in years beyond keeping WordPress updated via WPRemote, yet it still brings in £20 to £30 consistently and it has done for several years.

I tried to sell it once but did not get any serious offers. So it continues to sit there bringing in a little cash every month. If I could offload it I would as it would mean one less website on my portfolio to check periodically etc, however there is no point me selling it for something like 9 months income when it has consistently brought in money for several years without any effort. So I suspect I will keep it sitting until I'm making so much money the cash it brings in is insignificant compared to the time it requires me to update it. Since it requires practically no upkeep, I'm not sure if that day will ever come.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.