Welcome to Rise Forums

Join our fantastic community to connect with like-minded website owners, WordPress users, and online entrepreneurs.

Pasting from Google Docs into WordPress?

Discussion in 'WordPress Questions & Support' started by Joe F, Mar 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whenever I paste from Docs into WP, extra formatting tags are added.

For examples, lots of <span style="font-weight: 400;"> are added all over the place.

They don't change the appearance of the text, but I'd rather not have them there.

I don't want to strip out the formatting, such as the headings, but I don't want these span tags.

Any advice?

Thanks!

2. I have always found it easier to just copy and paste the content elsewhere first so that formatting is removed. Then I simply add back links and headings etc.

It's not something I have to deal with regularly which is why I have never found a better solution. I never write articles in Word because of problems such as this.

Are you converting your own articles or articles of others?

If they are your own, you may want to consider using an alternative solution. There are blog editors available that do not add such formatting. Even an offline version of WordPress would be more suitable than Word in my opinion.

Kevin

3. This. Spin up a vanilla WordPress, write your article, then copy/pasta from there.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

4. Kevin Muldoon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.