Welcome to Rise Forums

Join our fantastic community to connect with like-minded website owners, WordPress users, and online entrepreneurs.

Reddit?

Discussion in 'Social Media' started by Heather, Oct 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kevin, I was thinking it would be good for you to write a blog post about Reddit... I know you love it and prefer it to FB (at least, I think you do). But I know nothing about it, and I'm probably not the only one.

Is it more popular there, do you think? Who is on there and what is it like? And why do you prefer it to Facebook (and Twitter)?

Does anyone else here enjoy reading Reddit? Just curious...

2. Yeah Reddit is great, though it may surprise you that I am not actually active on it. I do not even have an account yet.

I downloaded a good Reddit app a while ago and I use it infrequently to check news, martial arts and mma stuff, jokes etc.

It shouldn't really be compared to Facebook and Twitter. To use an analogy that would make sense to people years ago, Facebook and Twitter are like MySpace and Reddit is more like Digg. People submit stories and other members upvote them or downvote them. In theory, this means that the best stories should always rise to the top.

I wouldn't know what to write about it on my blog. I mean, I don't know any way to game the service or use it to promote blog posts or anything else. So I am not sure I could write anything that was internet marketing related.

There are some good explanations about what the service does online. Such as this video:

:)

3. Hmmm... It sounds interesting. I'll have to check it out. I enjoyed that video, too.

Perhaps it could be used to help build authority among your audience if you posted stories or comments that resonated with people. I think if one offered services or products related to services, it could result in gaining clients or customers. Some people use their real names, right? Is there a profile people can look at or no?

Regardless, it sounds great, and it doesn't have to be related to marketing...

Now you've got me wondering what Digg is.

4. Digg was previously one of the top websites on the internet, but it died a death. It worked the same way with users upvoting and downvoting stories.

There is a huge amount of subreddits. I have no doubt there are some for topics you are interested in :)

Heather likes this.
  5. Reddit really interesting and good sharing site ever... Here we can learn a lot...

6. Ya. Imgur also the best one...

7. I haven't heard of that before. :) Thanks for sharing that.

8. Reddit and Imgur are one and the same. Imgur is simply the domain they set up to host their images.

Granted, it is easier to browse images on Imgur than it is on Reddit :)

9. Hmm, I didn't know that. Thanks!

10. Reddit is providing good platform to increase traffic and ranks in Search engines..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.