Welcome to Rise Forums

Join our fantastic community to connect with like-minded website owners, WordPress users, and online entrepreneurs.

Removing Theme Copyright Mark

Discussion in 'WordPress Themes' started by Soki, May 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am using StupidPress theme, I am wondering if I could remove the Copyright. "Digital Pro on Genesis Framework"?

2. Yes you can :p
    Sometimes using Google is faster than creating new topic :)

Here you go, put this into functions.php

PHP:
    //* It is necessary that your child theme is HTML5 enabled.
    add_filter('genesis_footer_creds_text''soki_footer_creds_filter');
    function 
    soki_footer_creds_filter$editthecredit ) {
    $editthecredit 'Copyright © · Soki';
    return 
    $editthecredit ;
    }
    If you need more check this super page https://my.studiopress.com/snippets/footer/

Raspal and Sanjay Ojha like this.
  3. Haha, thanks!

4. Soki likes this.
  5. Thanks Kevin.

I just remember I did install the plugin sometime ago.

Kevin Muldoon likes this.
  6. Removing Theme Copyright is not difficult, you could use some plugins

7. I think you mean studiopress not stupidpress. :cautious:

By the way, with over 280,000 downloads, Genesis Simple Edits plugin makes life easy for you. In just a few clicks, you can update the text to your site footer. Go to the Genesis > Simple Edits page in your WordPress dashboard, check the “Modify Entire Footer Text” option and enter your HTML code.

If you're like me and prefer not to use a plugin, another method for customizing your site footer in Genesis is to write a custom function. Open up your theme’s functions.php file and place the following code:

/* Remove the site footer
    remove_action( 'genesis_footer', 'genesis_footer_markup_open', 5 );
    remove_action( 'genesis_footer', 'genesis_do_footer' );
    remove_action( 'genesis_footer', 'genesis_footer_markup_close', 15 );
    //* Customize the site footer
    add_action( 'genesis_footer', 'bg_custom_footer' );
    function bg_custom_footer() { ?>
    <div class="site-footer"><div class="wrap"><p>Handcrafted with <span class="dashicons dashicons-heart"></span> by Shameem. Powered by the <a href="http://wordpress.org/">WordPress</a>. <a href="http://shameemrez.com/contact/">Get in Touch</a>.</p></div></div>
    <?php
    }

Alternatively to the Genesis Simple Edits plugin, you may use the Genesis Simple Hooks plugin. If you are using it for another purpose, you can also use it to customize your site footer too. Go to the Genesis > Simple Hooks page in your WordPress dashboard, scroll down to the “genesis_footer Hook” section and be sure to check the “Unhook genesis_do_footer() function from this hook” option.

There you can place and enter your HTML code. Unlike the example of Genesis Simple Edits or the custom function listed above, you do not need to include the .site-footer and .wrap divs in the code.

Hope you got all the possible way to edit Footer in Genesis.

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.