Welcome to Rise Forums

Join our fantastic community to connect with like-minded website owners, WordPress users, and online entrepreneurs.

Researching a PPC Campaign

Discussion in 'SEO & PPC Marketing' started by Kevin Muldoon, Nov 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'd be keen to know how much someone who is spending $50 a click is spending in total for their campaign. It's crazy to think that they could spend $1,000 and not even make a conversion. At some point, surely it becomes more profitable to just launch a blog and hire someone to write articles every day, rather than simply pay more and more for clicks.

I agree with you that it is difficult to track the return of investment on Facebook likes. It is pseudoscience at best. I generally get updates about a new post on my blog seen by around 10% of my Facebook followers. To clarify, that means that my new blog post was displayed on their page. It does not mean that they actually clicked on it and visited my website.

A quick check on Google Analytics shows that from 359 followers on Facebook, I rarely get over 10 visits. In theory, if I can get to around 36,000 followers on Facebook, I could be generating around 1,000 unique visits per day from them. That seems pretty good. The real number of visits will probably be less, though I should get more shares and likes from other people due to the number of followers at that level.

What remains to be seen is whether followers who have followed my page through a Facebook ad are as keen to read my articles as people who visited my blog, liked the content and then chose to follow me on Facebook. I suspect that those who simply clicked the like button will not visit my blog as much.

2. That would make a great blog post :) An in-depth look at tracking the ROI for Facebook likes. It exists like you said... just hard to put to paper.

3. I have actually written a few posts about Facebook this year including:

http://www.kevinmuldoon.com/facebook-post-promotion/ - This focused on the boost post option.
    http://www.kevinmuldoon.com/facebook-page-reach-decreased/ - This looked at how Facebook page reach has decreased significantly.

As long as Facebook do not change anything again, you could scale up a campaign by examining total likes, reach and traffic from Facebook (e.g. via Google Analytics). This allows you to break down every aspect of the campaign. The problem I faced before was that Facebook changed the goal posts. This cost me a lot of money as I was promoting pages on the assumption that reach wouldn't go from 100% to 5%. It wouldn't surprise me if they did the same thing again in the future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.