Welcome to Rise Forums

Join our fantastic community to connect with like-minded website owners, WordPress users, and online entrepreneurs.

Rise Forums is Now 100% Free to Join

Discussion in 'Community Announcements' started by Kevin Muldoon, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. As most of you know, Rise Forums was launched last November as a private discussion forum. My aim was, and still is, to build a forum with a good community spirit where bloggers, developers, designers, affiliate marketers, and all other types of internet marketers; come together and help each other.

So far, I believe we have done achieved that. We have a fantastic group of members who help each other out whenever they can. The great thing is that everyone is bringing something different to the table. I have a general understanding on most topics and have a lot of experience in blogging; but it is great to have members here who can help me with SEO, coding, social media, and other areas where I am not an expert.

The one thing that I have not been pleased about is activity. The forum was still attracting a couple of premium members every week; however activity was not as high as I had hoped. A quiet forum is not good for anyone on this forum.

I raised these issues with many premium members over the last few weeks. Specifically, I raised the issue of opening the forum up to public registration. Most were for this as it will allow their advertisements in our marketplace to be indexed.

I therefore made the decision to open Rise Forums open for public registration. I can assure you that this was not a decision I took lightly. It was something that I debated with myself, and with others, for a long time. I feel that, long term, it will prove to be the right decision.

Unfortunately, this means that I have had to close down the Rise Forums affiliate program that was hosted through ShareASale. I contacted them yesterday about this and I am waiting for instructions on how to fully close the program. I really appreciate all the affiliates that helped promote Rise Forums. Moving forward, I believe that Rise Forums will grow more by being open and allowing members to spread the word through word of mouth.

For those of you who are visiting Rise Forums for the first time, I would like to welcome you to our community. I hope you find the forums a welcoming place where you can get help with website, social media, search engine, and marketing related issues.

Registration is now 100% free. We do, however, continue to offer premium accounts to members.

Premium members can:
    • Use the private messaging system
    • Post ads in the Rise Forums marketplace every 30 days
    • Have access to a private discussion area for premium members
    • Display a signature in their forum posts
    • Post status updates to their profile
    • Request a review of their website in our "Review My Website" forum room.
    • Have a “Premium Member” banner displayed on all of their posts to show that they support the community
    A premium membership subscription costs only $9.99 per month or $97 for one year. There is, however, no pressure to upgrade. I want free members to feel as welcome as premium members. This pricing structure has been set up to reward those that support the community; however, I recognise that free members can contribute to the forum too, by helping others and generating good discussions.

Over the next few months, I will doing everything I can to help improve the forum. I know that members will continue to support the forum and spread the word too. And now that the forum is open, we can share good discussions on Twitter, Facebook, our websites, and more. This will allow us to bring other interesting people into our conversations.

My hope is that within the next few months, we have dozens of members on here participating at any time of the day. It is going to be a great place to network with other internet marketers, get help on your projects, and promote.

Please share with me your thoughts on this news below. I'd love to hear your opinion on this announcement.

Thanks everyone :)

Kevin

nightriser, mbtrama and Brian Jackson like this.
  2. I think it is great! I am looking forward to watching the forum grow and hopefully we'll get a few more women on here. ;)

Kevin Muldoon likes this.
  3. haha Yes I think we need to balance that out so that it's not just a boys club :)

4. It would be nice. :)

5. Thanks Kevin !
    Great move, I decided to be part of this community.
    I just posted a thread about myself

Thanks again, I like what you post on Elegant Themes blog and I am quite impressed by the quality of your work.
    Patrick, from France

6. I wanted to sign-up for premium membership later today but when I visited the url https://www.riseforums.commembers/account/upgrades I get teh following error
    //
    Rise Forums - Internet Marketing Forums - Error
    The requested page could not be found.
    //
    Can someone help me out plz. Sorry if I"m thread highjacking.

7. Thanks for the kind words Patrick. Very kind of you :)

Glad you found the right page and for pointing out the URL error (and thanks for subscribing too!). I recently moved the forum domain from /members/ to the root of the domain. I had forgot to update that link. All good now :)

8. yay that's good :)

9. Well, I signed for a free account, not for a premium one.
    That is maybe why I had no problem to sign-up : you don't like money ;)

Thanks again

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.