Welcome to Rise Forums

Join our fantastic community to connect with like-minded website owners, WordPress users, and online entrepreneurs.

Spam Settings

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by Brian Jackson, Aug 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Would love to know some of the spam settings you used on your Xenforo install...

Under Spam management I hooked up our Akismet key. Did you tweak any of the defaults to be more aggressive?

Lol, first day we had like 16 robots and spammers galore.

My brother is working with XFrocks.com to get a bridge up and going. https://xfrocks.com/api-support/articles/howto-complete-wordpress-xenforo-bridge-setup.177/

Will be pretty cool. We are going to have a universal login, using WP as the portal for Xenforo.

Thanks!

2. The series of add ons I installed recently was from the Tenants Anti-Spam Collection. It contains several different add ons. One for bots, one for humans etc.

Be sure to check out the Spam Management section in the main options page too. That has some options to enable Stop Forum Spam. You can decide how tough or lenient you are with spammers.

The WordPress bridge looks good. I have used bridges in the past with forums and I am now of the opinion that you are always best to keep things separate. No add on is maintained forever, so it can be dangerous to rely on something that could potentially not be supported in the future. Though I understand the need for things to be centralised for a member website. After all, that's how Rise Forums was initially set up :)

Kevin

Brian Jackson likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.