Welcome to Rise Forums

Join our fantastic community to connect with like-minded website owners, WordPress users, and online entrepreneurs.

Thank you, Jedi Masters

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Heather, Oct 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I was just thinking about how y'all are like Yoda, a Jedi Master, helping me learn so much about how to build my website and blogging. I guess I'm Luke. Well, hopefully I'll become a blogging Jedi master.

It's not easy, but I'm having fun here in the swamp. (I can't remember the name of the planet where Yoda lived.)

Anyway, thanks! I appreciate everyone's help.

Boris Beo likes this.
  2. haha the swamp was in Dagobah.

Glad you are enjoying being here Heather.

Over the next few months, I can going to try and invest more in the forum and try and increase activity. I want to create a forum in which beginners can learn and experienced internet marketers can network :)

Kevin

3. I actually was thinking Dagobah...

Your plans sound great.

4. Haha, that is hilarious! Always happy to help Heather.

[​IMG]

Kevin Muldoon and Heather like this.
  5. :) I'm glad you enjoyed that, Brian. I got a good laugh out of it, at least in my mind.

I'm so glad you and everyone here do enjoy sharing your knowledge. Your quote just reminded me of how much I loved teaching. It is a joy to help others learn.

6. Helping others also helps you refine your knowledge of a subject.

It is easy to become complacent and think you know everything. But you may find that you don't know as much as you think.

For example, I would consider myself fairly knowledgeable on WordPress, however I frequently get asked a question about something and I think "Mmmm. Hold on and I'll go and check that".

Also, it is important to remember that nothing stands still on the internet. Subjects such as SEO, social media, and affiliate marketing, are constantly evolving. Someone who was knowledgeable about these topics 5 years ago could be lost if they had not kept up to date with the latest news and events.

That is why Brian's quote posted above rings true. Our opinions and our ideas need to be challenged.

Heather and Boris Beo like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.