Welcome to Rise Forums

Join our fantastic community to connect with like-minded website owners, WordPress users, and online entrepreneurs.

The One Thing

Discussion in 'Productivity' started by Heather, May 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I just started reading The ONE Thing by Gary Keller. Just reading the first chapter is already helping me.

Let me know if anyone wants to read it, too, and talk about it.

"What's the ONE Thing that if you did this week, would make everything else easier or unnecessary?"

Raspal likes this.
  2. ....I'm really not sure. Winning the lottery I guess!

3. I'd love to read and discuss.

The ONE thing which I did this week that would make everything else easier or unnecessary, is to make money. LOL.

4. @Heather : Did you complete reading that book/e-book?

Any updates how did you find it?

Heather likes this.
  5. I did finish it and thought it was great. I need to re-read it. But the idea is to always try to focus on the one most important thing, and do that. I guess the trick is to have enough wisdom to figure out what that is. But I think there's also value in focusing on one thing, whether or not you're definitely picking out the one truly-most-important thing.

I think I heard someone recommend the book in a group I'm in. Or maybe I found it on Amazon somehow.

Raspal likes this.
  6. @Heather :

I do like this - focusing on one thing, and avoiding multitasking.

I once read this from Steve Pavlina too. He doesn't take breaks, unlike most productivity experts recommend.

You also purchased some habit journal once, didn't you? Did you use it?

If you have empty pages in it, can you take a snap and show here? I and maybe someone else who loves DIY, can create one themselves.

Heather likes this.
  7. You know... it's so weird, I never actually got that! It was a Kickstarter or something, and I need to look into it.

Now I'm doing bullet journaling... I love it. It's pretty much what I've been doing in a way for the past year or so, but with some changes and most importantly, putting an index at the front so I can actually find what I'm looking for.

Here's a video about it, but I just used a plain notebook for mine. You can put whatever you want in there, do it however you want... I love that. I love freedom to do things my own way.

http://bulletjournal.com/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.