Welcome to Rise Forums

Join our fantastic community to connect with like-minded website owners, WordPress users, and online entrepreneurs.

Trying something new

Discussion in 'Email Marketing' started by Steven Gardner, Mar 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi,
    We at Template Express are going to try something new (for us) with our next premium theme.

We're keen on increasing our mailing list so we can start promoting more through that channel. One thing we plan to do very soon is to give it away our next premium theme free as a reward for signing up to our newsletter list (exclusively) when it becomes available. This theme will have the full support and updates our other premium themes offer but will not be available to buy.

Have any of you guys sacrificed something like this in the hope for long term gain?

Did it work?

2. Hi Steven.

I have did it a few times.

Between 2007 and 2010 I released many WordPress themes and many eBooks through my blog BloggingTips.com to those who signed up to my newsletter. I still give a free eBook to those who sign up to my personal blog. You need bait like that to encourage people to sign up.

It's a great way for to build up your email list. The better the theme, the more encouraged people will be to sign up.

Does it work?

Yes, it does, but be aware that many people who sign up are only doing so in order to get the free theme. That being said, your list should be very targeted as those who sign up are your target audience.

Kevin

3. Thanks Kevin.

Kevin Muldoon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.