Welcome to Rise Forums

Join our fantastic community to connect with like-minded website owners, WordPress users, and online entrepreneurs.

Types of Sites to Blog For?

Discussion in 'Freelancing' started by Joe F, Mar 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. If you are writing content on WordPress, blogging and freelancing, what would be some good types of sites to approach for freelance writing jobs?

Obviously the WordPress sites would be a good start. This list contains 100 to apply to.

But what other types of sites have blogs that this type of content would appeal to?

Thanks

2. It could be worth approaching some WordPress theme stores; however, I have found a lot of theme stores to be very tight with money. I mean really tight. One contacted me a few months ago and asked me to write for him for free (you may recall I asked in return if he would redesign my website for free). I have spoke to other theme stores who sold themes at $99 and make thousands per month....but only offered $10 per post.

It baffles me that a site that makes money through targeted traffic would not want to reinvest money into good authors in order to receive more targeted traffic.

3. What about approaching design related blogs? I would certainly give you a start on dailydesignnotes.com (as we did with WP Squared) but we would be looking for more list style posts @ approximately the same money we pay you currently (but of course list style posts may take longer)

May be a foot in the door though!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.