Welcome to Rise Forums

Join our fantastic community to connect with like-minded website owners, WordPress users, and online entrepreneurs.

Vikings!!! My New Favorite Show...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Heather, Aug 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I just happened to discover this show on Amazon... I was partly intrigued because it had over 19,000 five-star reviews... So, it's awesome! For so many reasons. I wonder if anyone else is watching it or has watched it?

I'm almost done with season 2.

2. #2 Heather, Aug 26, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
    Here's one of the Season 1 trailers... If you haven't watched it and plan to and don't want *any* kind of spoiler, don't watch it. Otherwise, watch it. :)

Also, I think it's just going to get better and better... and considering how good season 1 and 2 are, that's saying something.

3. Looks good.

I haven't seen it yet but it's on my list of things to check out. I started watching Mr Robot. First season was good but the second series has been poor in the first few episodes. Hopefully it picks up.

Game of Thrones is another one I need to check out at one point.

Heather likes this.
  4. Let me know what you think when you do check it out. Mr. Robot does look good... I might have to watch that after Vikings. I'm on Season 3 right now. I still have Game of Thrones on my list, too.

5. First series of Mr Robot was great. Second series hasn't been too good so far. The story seems all over the place, but hopefully it gets back on track.

Yeah I'll be sure to let you know.

It was a series I always wanted to check out as most of the series is shot near where my friend lives in Bray, Ireland. I believe it is all filmed in County Wicklow.

Heather likes this.
  6. I like Vikings, but it's getting way too mystical in the following series. It was nice to watch first two seasons, full of rage and active storyline, then it's ... ok, I won't spoil :)

@Kevin Muldoon you're right about Mr.Robot, first season was awesome, current one is hard to watch without falling asleep.

If you are fans of Breaking Bad, then Better Call Saul is great as a side story.

Heather likes this.
  7. @Kris Hoja Have you finished watching the whole thing (so far?) I'm nearing the end of season 3. I think the third season is more depressing and darker in a way than the first two, and I know what you mean about it being less active. It seems that season 3 is a lot more about internal struggles and challenges. I'm curious to see what happens next. I saw in an interview that Travis Fimmel said he liked the second part of season 4 the best. I guess I won't say anything else because I don't want to give away any spoilers.

@Kevin Muldoon It's so beautiful. I love the scenery. They really shoot it beautifully, too. I think they film Game of Thrones not too far from there, too. I wonder how close one can get to the filming.

I've never watched Breaking Bad, but I know it's popular.

Kevin Muldoon likes this.
  8. #8 Kevin Muldoon, Sep 1, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
    @Kris Hoja I loved Breaking Bad. I haven't caught Better Call Saul yet. I'll maybe wait until there are a few more series and then blitz it.

I'm just watching episiode 9 of Mr Robot that was released today. After the insight into what happened in the last episode, this one seems to be going back and explaining exactly what has happened.

9. I'm a sucker for these things too, but Lost left me completely lost, Prison Break left me feeling like I'd done a 12 year stretch myself, I needed some Crystal Meth too to get through to the end of Breaking Bad and don't even start me on Sons Of Anarchy, which started well, but ended pitifully.

Better Call Saul is okay though. More of a drama than the suspense endings of the others.

Best I've watched in a while is Narcos series 1 on Netflix. The second series starts today, I think, but I'll hold off until I've got a few to blitz in one go.

Don't have Amazon, so haven't seen Vikings or Game Of Thrones.

Heather likes this.
  10. I've still been binge-watching Vikings. I still think it's really, really good... the story, the acting, the landscape, the cinematography, the culture, the insight into the intersection of cultures/religions, the characters and how human they are.... oh, and humor.

It's so good, but also kind of stressful to watch it because I'm so into it and things are never easy for them. I'm never one to watch TV, but I'm kind of addicted to Vikings. I guess it's a good thing I'm almost done with Season 4A. 4B starts this Fall sometime... and then 5 next year.

I really need to seek out a discussion group for this thing because it would be nice to talk about it... I guess reading the reviews is kind of a good substitute, though.

11. @Paul G

I have watched all of those shows. Here's my quick summary.

• Lost - First two seasons were great, then it got worse, then it got even worse. It had one of the worst endings to any series I have seen. By the end of it I was angry for staying in so long expecting a good payoff. Such a disappointment.
    • Prison Break - I watched the first series and loved it. I watched the majority of the second series and got bored by the end. The four series are on Amazon Prime so I might give it another chance and try and blast through it.
    • Breaking Bad - Loved every second of it from start to finish. Sits just behind The Sopranos and alongside The Wire.
    • Sons of Anarchy - I enjoyed it. Not as good as Breaking Bad, but I still really liked it. The ending was hardly memorable, but it certainly didn't leave me angry the way Lost did.
    I am looking forward to Better Call Saul and I have heard nothing but good things about Narcos.

@Heather I'm happy for you to create an "Official Vikings Discussion Thread (Spoiler Alert)" type thread to discuss the show with others here :)

Heather likes this.
  12. haha @Kevin Muldoon we have the same top 3 fav series :)

here is my top 10
    1. Sopranos
    2. Breaking Bad
    3. The Wire
    4. Dexter
    5. True Detective
    6. Band of Brothers / Pacific (both WWII related)
    7. The Walking Dead / Fear The Walking Dead
    8. House of Cards
    9. Game of Thrones
    10. All comic based series (Arrow, Flash, Daredevil, DC Legends of Tomorrow)

I also enjoyed very much Spartacus series, Rome series, Boardwalk Empire, Dr House and many, many others ( That 70's show for example :) )

I'm trying to watch all recent top series :)

13. I think the worst thing about these US "trilogy" type things is the way they start with a bang, realise they're onto a winner, then just keep adding stuff, and stuff, and stuff. Homeland is similar too. I love things like Silent Witness and UK based programmes more than anything to be honest, because they're done and dusted in a couple to a few hours.

Although now you mention it, The Wire and The Sopranos were brilliant too. I haven't seen House Of Cards yet, and it's on Netflix too, or ANY of the others in your list Chris.

But, I'll tell you what....

If any of you haven't seen Line Of Duty, which is on Netflix too now, WATCH IT!

IMO it's right up there with The Wire and The Sopranos in the "best thing ever" list :)

14. @Paul G will do :) right after second season of Narcos

15. Yeah, Line Of Duty is a real twister. Damn good.

Oh, and I watched the first 3 of Narcos series 2 at 3am-6am this morning. I kinda know the whole story already and I suspect they don't even get him at the end of this series, which will be a bit of a pain, because they could/should have kept it to a 1 or 2 series excellent biography type show. It might go on and on though....

16. Okay, y'all were right. Mr. Robot is really good.

17. You won't be saying that in season 2. It gets really poor :ROFLMAO:

Heather likes this.
  18. I'll bear that in mind. What a bummer! I'm on episode 8 or so I think. Is the rest of season 1 good? I like it a lot, but it's really starting to get more depressing now.

I think I'll plan to skip season 2. I'm starting a new job next week, so I really don't need to spend time watching tv anyway. :)

Oh, I found out that the second half of the 4th season of Vikings airs November 30 on the History Channel. Do you have an idea of what that means as far as when it will come to Amazon?

19. Hey, there! I think I just realized I can watch the History Channel on my Roku, so Yayy for Vikings when it comes out!

And also, I noticed IHeartRadio is on the Roku, too, so I'm going to see if I can log in and listen to my podcast on there. That feels really cool, accessing it on my TV...

20. Congratulations on the new job. I don't know when Amazon will get the new series. I'm not sure how they work things like that. There has been many times when they have provided a series to customers but only provided so many. It's quite frustrating.

Heather likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.