Welcome to Rise Forums

Join our fantastic community to connect with like-minded website owners, WordPress users, and online entrepreneurs.

Wanna Have a Hangout?

Discussion in 'Community Announcements' started by Kevin Muldoon, Jan 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve made a good point in another thread about all of us working together. He's 100% right.

Rise Forums has been a great place to hang out since it launched, though I want to do more. I'd love for us to start bouncing ideas off of each other more. One way to do this would be a Google Hangout.

Would anyone be interested in this?

We could bounce ideas off of each other and get to know each other better. Hangouts allow up to 10 people to participate, which I think is enough for now.

What do you think?

Kevin

2. Great idea!
    The first one will be a funny one with all accents we speak English :D

The hardest part - timing, as we live in all time zones.

3. Agreed. There's a few in Europe and a few in the USA. And Hee is in Malaysia. We should try and arrange something.

Let us know what time suits you all :)

4. Evening's after work or weekends (UK time) are fine for me :)

5. Weekends work good for me (US - AZ Mountain Time).

6. I'm interested. Sounds a bit sad, but could we set a rough agenda so we have some topics to discuss?

Do you want to start a doodle to schedule it: http://doodle.com/?locale=en

7. AZ mountain time is seven hours behind GMT (which is where I am just now). Though I believe Joe is still in Thailand and Ryan is in Asia too (can't remember if he is in India, Thailand or Indonesia at the moment). And Hee is in Malaysia. That area of the world is seven hours in front of GMT.

So it seems that we have a window of 14 hours.

There is a few ways we could accommodate this:

• 8am USA / 3PM GMT / 10pm Asia
    • 10am USA / 5PM GMT / 12am Asia
    • 6pm USA / 1am GMT / 8am Asia
    If we are struggling to get everyone in the one hangout, we can always do two separate ones.

8. I struggle at 1am at the best of times, other two on weekends are (usually) fine. Sunday better probably.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.