Welcome to Rise Forums

Join our fantastic community to connect with like-minded website owners, WordPress users, and online entrepreneurs.

What Are You Struggling With?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by Heather, May 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 Heather, May 2, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2016
    And... what are you having a hard time with these days?

I just signed up with the lowest plan of ConvertKit because I love all of the functionality of it and really want to have content upgrades and make my first autoresponders... BUT the initial setup is not as easy as I'd hoped and I'm having a hard time with it. So frustrated at the time it's taking me and has already taken me.

I hope I can quickly learn a few things and really get going with it.

Also feeling really good about getting more offerings up on my website, including custom guided meditations for Mother's Day... but then having the realization that my list is way too small and I need it to grow really quickly.

I know that listbuilding is and needs to be my top priority, or one of them, but there is so little time.

Also I have a zillion other things to do, really want to hurry up and start actually making some money, and also have big life changes going on that are taking up mental space and energy. So... wish me luck! :)

2. I have a mixed up relationship with list building too. People sign up to my newsletter every day, but I just cannot get into the habit of emailing people regularly. I need to use it more often.

What am I having a hard time with?

The last month I haven't been too productive. I have taken some time off during the week to go and view cars, to go and see my girlfriend, and to go to jiujitsu training. I guess I have let the balance of work and play swing too wrong in the wrong direction. It can be hard to juggle everything sometimes but too frequently it is work that is sacrificed and not something else. I always work hard when I have work from clients, but I don't take the time to keep up that momentum when I don't have to work for others. I go through spells like this occasionally so I am sure my motivation will return.

Heather likes this.
  3. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who doesn't do everything perfectly.

These days I'm becoming more aware of the natural ebb and flow of, well, everything. So... even though you haven't been as productive as usual in the last month, like you said, you'll pick back up with it, and in the meantime you probably got some good rest and joy and relaxation and rejuvenation, and that's all important, too. :)

Kevin Muldoon likes this.
  4. Also, interesting post on your blog about motivation... which I was aware of because of your newsletter! :)

5. That was just a quick little post about the subject. It was inspired by your question about it and the video I shared in the post :)

Kevin

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Heather likes this.
  6. I'm really struggling with blogging. Ideally I sat down with a mate recently and discussed where we want to be, and ideally I'd love to hand over the blogging and writing aspect of Winwar Media and WP Email Capture over to 1-2 writers to write regularly on (maybe one post every 2 weeks?). Growing the rich media side of things has been fun, but I need to not neglect the other side.

Ideally, if I do the rich media and the WordPress coding, and I don't have to worry about writing, that would be superb!

Leo Koo and Heather like this.
  7. I think that would be the right thing to do.

What I recommend is planning out a blog content strategy for the first few months of content so that the blog goes in the direction you want. You should also think about your budget etc.

I need to start thinking about outsourcing a lot of work too. There's only so many hours in the day.

Heather likes this.
  8. I am so glad I found this forum. I just started my blog and it seems like there are millions of things to do.

What's funny is I've been an entrepreneur for the last 4 years running my passion business fitness and martial arts.

Ju Jitsu training is never a waste of time ;)

Even though I know there are no short cuts, I fall prey to short cut thinking too.

I've been stuck on how to make a good squeeze page. I'm literally starting my jouney as of this month.

I can't wait to work the process and see how far I come in two years from now

Kevin Muldoon likes this.
  9. Glad to have you here Corey. Feel free to start a new thread about your squeeze page issue and we can look into it further :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.