Welcome to Rise Forums

Join our fantastic community to connect with like-minded website owners, WordPress users, and online entrepreneurs.

What auto responder / email campaign service are you using?

Discussion in 'Blogging & Content Marketing' started by Donna Macdonald, Jun 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm doing a full rebuild on my sites to start collecting an e-mail list. Until now my work has been client direct, and it still is, but I'm in the process of building an online LMS (learning management system).

I've got several of the pages built and am getting my blogging muscles stronger, I have a free Mailchimp account for now. But as I prepare my first 'gift' to send out to subscribers, I realise that I need an auto responder series, which on Mailchimp will be about $20 a month (as far as I can tell, since their website seems to be intentionally vague about pricing). I was looking at Constant Contact and their monthly cost would be about the same.

I scratched Aweber off my list earlier because I found the response time to be slow (as a subscriber on other people's blogs).

Anyway, I appreciate your feedback!

cheers!
    Donna

2. I am using GetResponse, though I cannot recommend them to anyone as their support is awful and their service has many bugs (which they do not even attempt to fix).

The main reason I haven't moved is because I have not found a good alternative.

Is there any reason why you do not want to use MailChimp? You are already using them so it would be an easy transition.

Kevin

3. Thanks Kevin -

My original plan was to switch to Constant Contact after getting the site build done primarily because they have better customer service (and the first several e-mails that came to me from MailChimp went to my junk folder and Constant Contact didn't). I've been putting off starting a monthly fee obligation as long as possible, it isn't a lot of money, but everything adds up!!!

What's interesting is that Elegant Themes and a few of the membership plugins (Memberpress comes to mind) don't have Constant Contact API access built-in, when I inquired they said there hasn't been enough demand for it.

The only thing that really irritates me about MailChimp is they don't make it easy to communicate with them even when trying to set-up the paid account:mad:!!

saluti
    Donna

4. That frustrates me too. I appreciate that companies want customers to check their FAQ and knowledge base first to reduce ticket requests, but they go too far and make it practically impossible to send an email to ask for help.

What they don't realise, or more likely don't care about, is that checking the FAQ section sometimes means searching through articles for 20 or 30 minutes. If I am paying a monthly fee to a company, I want to get a helpful reply as soon as possible.

I do not know too much about the delivery rates of MailChimp. Perhaps their delivery rates suffer a little bit because they offer free accounts up to 2,500 subscribers. Then again, MailChimp do have a fairly tough policy on affiliate marketing links etc, so you would expect their delivery rates to be good.

Unfortunately, plugin developers rarely accommodate lesser known emailing services unless there is a huge demand for it. Which is quite frustrating as this discourages people from using those services.

5. I use WP Email Capture (as it's my baby, so kinda have to use it!) along with Mailpoet & Sendgrid. I'm on a VPS, and it's quite nice. I think you may have gone past the point of needing my plugin though.

I am currently rewriting my plugin, to hopefully make it more modular. Hopefully that will allow me to increase the amount of support for various mailing list providers, by focussing on the needs of my users.

6. Hi Rhys - Thank you for your feedback!

The reality for me is that I am not very technically inclined (I had to look up what VPS was - :ROFLMAO:), which is why I went with the path of least resistance!

Also, my site has been hacked twice, so I've gone into lockdown - no comments - no registrations - as few plugins as possible.

I keep hoping I can get my site to the point of being profitable so I can pay someone else to take care of the technical part - But for now I'm slogging away :eek: !

best,
    D

7. It's not easy for me, either, Donna. I'm so thankful for all the help I've gotten here.

That's terrible your website has been hacked twice!

8. Thank you Heather!

Heather likes this.
  9. Hey @Donna Macdonald ,
    I quit AWeber to Ininbox and it's been a great decision. The support to me is the best in the industry. You may want to give them a try too

10. Donna if you have a wp based site han a wp plugin should do it for you. i personaly use rapid mailer for one year or so and it is fine , also there are a lot of hosting copmanies arround that have own autoresponders conected to amazonS3 for better delivery ......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.