Welcome to Rise Forums

Join our fantastic community to connect with like-minded website owners, WordPress users, and online entrepreneurs.

What Do You Use to Deliver Your Weekly Email Blog Post Newsletter?

Discussion in 'Email Marketing' started by Kevin Muldoon, Feb 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I started writing about this on Rise Forums yesterday but the post grew arms and legs so I expanded it a little and posted it on my blog.

http://www.kevinmuldoon.com/weekly-blog-post-newsletter-setup/

In the post I talk about changing up my weekly newsletter setup. GetResponse is pretty poor at delivering RSS to Email newsletter emails so I would like to try something else.

What do you guys use? I'd love to hear what setup you guys are using

Kevin

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Brian Jackson likes this.
  2. Where would you like me to reply? On this thread or on the blog post?

BTW, strange that I'm not yet a subscriber of your newsletter, really strange. How did I miss subscribing?

3. In this forum thread is fine Raspal :)

I'm interested in how your switch to Active Campaign goes Brian. Let me know whether it is a better solution.

What do you think about the problem of some subscribers wanting weekly updates about new blog posts and others who do not. What is the best way to balance it?

4. I'm still on Mailchimp on one site, though one site is a Mailpoet to Sendgrid setup, which works really, really well.

5. On the one hand I love the idea of controlling everything via WordPress. On the other hand, I don't want to unnecessarily add hundreds of new rows to my website database as it could affect performance. I guess a separate WordPress website could be set up for it.

6. I saw this when I went to unsubscribe lol. Thought of you Kevin. This is a good example of a MailChimp account that is segmented pretty well.

[​IMG]

Kevin Muldoon likes this.
  7. That works really well.

It doesn't sound like it would be too difficult for me to implement that and it would all current subscribers to opt-in and opt-out of the newsletter or the email blasts.

I will look into this more. Looks like it could be the best solution.

8. How about using VerticalResponse, at least for part of your subscribers?

They have a plan where you can pay as you go. You purchase email credits and they let you use it for 3 months. I was thinking to get 300 credits for $7.5 but then thought the free option is fine for me for now.

I don't need their banner removed - that's fine. The only problem for some maybe that they don't yet have an affiliate account, so no $$ for referring. This is one reason I found some people don't review VerticalResponse compared to other such providers.

Not sure about the RSS to email, though.

P.S.: They have a clean interface, even better than GetResponse. The only thing I didn't like is, they don't let you disable double optin, like GetResponse does.

9. Thanks for the suggestion Raspal.

Rss to Email is the main thing I want to resolve as I rarely send email blasts to my subscribers (admittedly, this is something I need to address). The main thing is delivering a nice weekly email to subscribers.

I use single opt-in. I do appreciate that some companies do not like single opt-in due to spam etc, but it is something I would like to continue using.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.