Welcome to Rise Forums

Join our fantastic community to connect with like-minded website owners, WordPress users, and online entrepreneurs.

What to Do with Old Computers

Discussion in 'The Tech Room' started by Heather, Dec 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello!

Do you know if it's possible to sell computer parts? Or do you know what one can do with an old laptop that is no longer being used because it's outdated?

2. It really depends on the age of the computer.

If the computer is old, there will be less demand for those parts, however you may still be able to find a buyer on eBay etc. Realistically, you would be better selling the laptop on its own rather than breaking up all the parts, as you wouldn't receive much money for each individual part.

Have a look on eBay for laptops with similar specs and see what they are selling for.

If you do go down that route, be sure to wipe your hard drive clear and remove anything personal before selling :)

Kevin

Heather likes this.
  3. Thank you, Kevin. That's a great idea to check eBay... :)

4. You may be able to sell it. However I usually give them away to various people. I cannot find much in the way of use for them. Or I turn them into various other things :)

Heather likes this.
  5. I do the same. My little brother has been getting my mobiles and older electronics for years.

Heather likes this.
  6. You make an interesting point though. Mobile phones you can (and probably should!) recycle. There is something in the battery that is only mined in one place on the planet, so it's good to recycle :)

Kevin Muldoon and Heather like this.
  7. What, some kind of mineral?

8. There are websites where you can send your old mobile phone, and you receive cash or credit to buy something else. Maybe you can find one for laptops too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.