Welcome to Rise Forums

Join our fantastic community to connect with like-minded website owners, WordPress users, and online entrepreneurs.

Where To Go To Begin Picking Up Freelance Copywriting?

Discussion in 'Proofreading, Translation & Copy' started by Rhys Wynne, Feb 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So I'm currently in the position of getting my girlfriend back on her feet after a long time off work.

She's currently training to become a teacher, but she's started doing more copywriting for me - just a few blog posts every now and again. She seems keen, so she was wondering where to pick up the odd writing gig here and there.

It is more likely to be one off blog posts, rather than ongoing work. However her work is pretty good (if I do say so myself!).

So my question is - which sites are people using nowadays to find writers or writing gigs?

2. The two job boards I always used were Pro Blogger and BloggingPro.

I have a list of blogging job boards on my blog, but I was never a fan of freelance marketplaces as it is always a race to the bottom and in order to do well you need to do lots of work through the marketplace to ensure you get a good rating etc.

ProBlogger and BloggingPro have individual gigs and ongoing gigs.

You will find a lot of time wasters too. I have asked Darren in the past if posters can make their rates clear, but he won't introduce it. As it stands, lots of websites expect applicants to jump through hoops and after doing so you are told the gig pays one cent per word.

In general, I just refuse to complete three page applications etc. If I cannot just send them a quick email pointing them to my website I just move onto the next job.

Raspal likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.