Welcome to Rise Forums

Join our fantastic community to connect with like-minded website owners, WordPress users, and online entrepreneurs.

Who Is Doing Perpetual / Evergreen Launches And How Are You Closing The Launch?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by magentawave, May 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I did a Jeff Walker style internal launch to my list for a new product and then I set up the entire funnel as a perpetual launch. Visitor opts in at landing page and is sent to the first launch content page in the 11 day long launch sequence.

Besides warning of the impending end of the launch in your emails, what are you doing to create a sense of urgency? How are you "closing" the launch? Are you using a countdown timer that redirects to a "launch closed" page at the end?

Thanks

2. I am not an experienced in this area to be honest, though I did do a series of emails years ago for my book launches and have read many articles on how others are doing it.

The trick with these campaigns appears to be scarcity. Top marketers close the doors to their courses and discussion forums and then open them up for a brief period of time. This gives them that sense of urgency you are referring to.

What kind of product is it? I assume it's a digital product.

3. The launch is for a membership site. It's easy to handle scarcity with a one-time launch because you can do everything manually. It is how to handle that with a perpetual launch that can get weird. There are cookie countdown timers that will redirect the launch pages to a "launch closed" page (with optin form on it) when the launch is closed and you can use special day, date, year code in your emails to create the scarcity. Where it gets weird is when people access the launch content on different devices because the IP address and cookie changes. The conflict arises when "Joe" visits a launch page on his computer one day (with a cookied countdown timer) and then visits another page the next day on his mobile device and the timer starts all over. This changing of the days and hours when the launch closes (according to the timer) becomes a major problem near the end of the launch.

4. Yeah I can imagine that gets weird as people could simply access it using a different device.

What platform are you using to handle all of this marketing? Are you using a marketing product that handles most of this set up or are you setting up each part of the launch manually and configuring the cookies yourself?

5. The perpetual launch is on auto-pilot. I used Wordpress, Optimizepress, Getresponse, Scarcity Builder Countdown Timer, S3. I don't remember if there is anything else.

6. It's hard for me to say as I haven't set anything like this up before.

Is it a major problem having visitors access your pages using different devices? Will it affect sales?

7. To me this seems a bit scammy - much like those one millionth visitor ads.

Assuming the only way they could access the page would be through an email link (or something similar), I'd tie the entire promotion to their email address (which would be included in some way in the link), and not use cookies. I'm very anti-cookie, as it depends too much on user input

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

8. Thrive Themes just launched their Scarcity plugin called Thrive Ultimatum, which also does lockdowns (meaning your visitor cannot access the offer even if he/she changes browser, devices and cookies)

9. I'll definitely need to check that one out. Could be a really interesting way of handling launches.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Leo Koo likes this.
  10. Kevin Muldoon likes this.
  11. If you care about your affiliates continuing to promote your stuff then you have to allow cookies.

12. I saw their timer a couple weeks ago and have been emailing them with questions about how it works. They claim that the timer doesn't require cookies or IP. It looks pretty good. The Scarcity Builder Timer is only $20 and is okay for single pages that you manually lockdown at the end of a launch but I tried it recently using a couple different browsers and found that the timer showed 8 days left for the launch - on the day the launch was closing! What a mess. I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with the Thrive timer.

13. Why are cookies required? You could just store the data through $_SESSION and the database. The only reason to use cookies are if storing the data on your server would add too significant a load to the server (if everyone's complete orders were stored on Amazon's servers, they would need much more resources than they already do). As Thrive Ultimatum points out, though - you can store all this information on your server (either in the database or in SESSION variables), and not have to worry about end users like me mucking things up. Not to mention, a user can't prevent you from storing data on the web server; they can easily prevent cookies from being used.

14. Why are cookies required? I dunno, but I thought that's how all the affiliate networks track the affiliates. Are you saying that this $_SESSION and database thing would work with Clickbank, etc.?

15. I have decided to replace the long Jeff Walker style launch (perpetual) with a single sales webinar. They were getting too much information and few even made it to the 4th video which was the sales video. It was TMI for sure. Instead I'll do a landing page that offers a free download with optin > that redirects to the download page that is also a registration page for the single sales webinar. Meanwhile I will send them compelling emails with open loops like Andre Chaperon teaches.

16. Good luck. Let us know how it affects conversions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.