Welcome to Rise Forums

Join our fantastic community to connect with like-minded website owners, WordPress users, and online entrepreneurs.

Woorkup Launches Perfmatters Plugin

Discussion in 'The Marketplace' started by Brian Jackson, Jun 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Happy to finally announce that my brother and I have launched our 2nd premium WordPress plugin, perfmatters. This one is my personal favorite as I am a web performance junky. We developed it with simplicity in mind. We use all of these optimizations on our own sites and are excited to provide an easy way for you to now have them too! No more messing with your functions file, hacking your wp-config file, etc.

The main way it helps speed up your site is to reduce HTTP requests and also minimize database bloat. It works alongside your current caching and optimization plugins.

[​IMG]

Some of the features include:
    • Disabling emojis
    • Disabling embeds
    • Removing query strings
    • Disabling XML-RPC
    • Disabling self-pingbacks
      Removing jQuery migrate
    • Disabling and limit revisions
    • Disabling/limiting Hearbeat API
    And more!

[​IMG]

We also have a lot more coming. Including the ability to disable scripts on a post/page basis, more WooCommerce optimizations, CDN linking, etc!

For a limited time Rise Forum members can get 25% off using the coupon code: PERFMATTERS at checkout. We will also be launching an affiliate program soon.

We have had some amazing feedback so far from the WP community and if you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

You can grab the plugin today over at https://perfmatters.io

Kevin Muldoon and Rhys Wynne like this.
  2. Wow! I'm curious to see how this works. We're doing a lot more performance work when it comes to WordPress as time has gone on, so yeah curious to see this :)

Brian Jackson likes this.
  3. That looks quality Brian.

Very kind of you to offer Rise Forums 25% off.

As you know, I'm currently using WP Rocket for caching. I'm keen to add KeyCDN to my blog too (going to add it within the next week or so). How does this plugin work with caching plugins and CDNs?

Do users still see a big difference in speed and reduction in requests?

Brian Jackson likes this.
  4. It depends on the site. On one, I saw it shave off almost half a second. And it's not just front-end requests. Some of the features such as heartbeat can drastically help reduce admin-ajax requests and the limiting revisions can, of course, help keep your database smaller. It also removes extra code which just shouldn't be loaded on every page... such as Windows Live Writer tags? Nobody uses that. Or the WordPress version number. While these are small tweaks, every removal of extra code just sitting there helps in my opinion. And yes, maybe I am obsessed haha. :LOL:

Some of the best features are yet to come... we are working on adding the ability to disable/enable scripts on a page/post basis. Similar to Gonzalez plugin, but we are doing it a little different. This is going to drastically add value to our plugin and users could see huge speed improvements, especially on homepage as you can disable plugins such as Contact Form 7 from loading its scripts sitewide, etc.

You can check out other feature requests we have planned/pending: https://perfmatters.io/docs/feature-requests/

I would think of it as an add-on to your other optimization plugins. Due to how it is coded, it works perfectly with caching plugins and CDNs.
    A big benefit for me was I was able to get rid of my disable emojis plugin, disable embeds plugin, and a bunch of hacks in my functions.php file. This is the intent really for a lot of people, is to keep all the hacks clean, lean, and in one place.

We just pushed out some major updates on our other WP Coupons plugin so we are working on updates for perfmatters again now :sneaky:

5. Sounds great Brian. I'll do a proper case study of it and show people exactly how it can help.

For example, I can show it whilst using a caching plugin and whilst you are not using one.

I am going to work on my WordCamp article tomorrow and can then start testing things the next day. :)

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

6. Kevin Muldoon and Brian Jackson like this.
  7. Hey Sanjay! Ya, there are a lot of great ways to accomplish this, but in my personal experience, a lot them are very confusing for beginners. We are focusing more on simplicity, while still accomplishing the same thing. In my opinion, the more web performance plugins out there, the better :) Because the user wins in the end.

Sanjay Ojha likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.