Welcome to Rise Forums

Join our fantastic community to connect with like-minded website owners, WordPress users, and online entrepreneurs.

Wordcamp Europe 2017 In Paris - Who's Going?

Discussion in 'WordCamp Events' started by Kevin Muldoon, Apr 26, 2017.

1. I bought my ticket for this year's WordCamp Europe a few months ago, but I finally got round to paying for my flight today.

I'm now talking to Simon and Colm from Create & Code about what apartment/hotel to book.

Are any of you going?

You making it this year @Rhys Wynne ?

Kevin

2. I'm a maybe. I want to go, but I am leaving it very late if I do go (yeah it sucks).

Basically I'm just sorting some stuff with work, if I could go I would. :)

3. If you change your mind let me know Rhys. Would be great to have a beer with you :)

I only booked my flights the other day and managed to get my return flights using Easyjet for £108. I still need to sort accomodation though hopefully the whole trip won't be too expensive. I still need to get my passport renewed so I need to do that this week. Talk about not being organised :)

4. Hah! Yeah I'm the same, hence why I've not yet planned anything. Flights aren't too bad from Manchester, but hotels are dear...

5. We are all looking to book together. There are some cheap hotels available too so for three days it shouldn't be more than £150. That's the price range I'm looking at.

In my past trips I have splurged a little and spent more on flights and the hotel, but I'd prefer to keep costs down this time as I have a lot of other things to spend money on.

6. Right. I have decided to go. Got a fairly cheap hotel and cheap flights so took the plunge. See you there!

7. Superb Rhys. That's great you're going. I am sure it will be a blast.

8. Simon and Colm have sorted an apartment for us all so it looks like I'm all set. Sent my passport away for renewal last week so as long as that comes back within the next few weeks I'm all set.

Looking forward to it.

Kevin

9. @Rhys Wynne Do you know where you are staying yet in Paris?

We are staying at the Aparthotel Adagio Paris Opéra. It's located at 43, Rue De Caumartin, 9th arr., 75009 Paris, France. You can see it on Google Maps.

Full details about the hotel are here.

Me, Simon, and Colm, are going Thursday to Sunday. Let me know when you arrive. Be good to meet up on the Thursday. If not, we can meet on the first day :)

10. I am staying in Hotel ibis budget Paris Aubervilliers. I arrive next Wednesday and stay through until Sunday. I think a few of us are staying there. I think you know Heather? She is staying there.

Thursday could be a good shout. I need to see what's happening.

11. I watched Heather's talk at WordCamp Belfast but didn't get a chance to talk to her afterwards. Will make a point of saying hello this time.

Looks like you're quite close to the event.

No worries if we can't meet on Thursday. I know what it's like. It's hard trying to stay in a group as everyone has friends that are meeting in different places. We can grab a coffee together on the first day :)

12. I'm sure we'll catch up at some point :)

Kevin Muldoon likes this.