Welcome to Rise Forums

Join our fantastic community to connect with like-minded website owners, WordPress users, and online entrepreneurs.

Wordpress + Woocommerce + Multi-lingual + Large Data?

Discussion in 'Ecommerce' started by prakash, Jan 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. As the title suggests, I am planning to build a Wordpress + Woocommerce + Multi-lingual site which will have say close to 5000 records per language in around 20~25 different languages. So is that an ideal solution?

Also for multilingual do you suggest individual network sites for each language or use a single wordpress installation with a multilingual plugin like qtranslate or wpml.

Any additional things I would need to keep in mind?

Thanks

2. With that many languages I would probably recommend a plugin like you said qtranslate or wpml. Otherwise it's going to become a nightmare.

I would keep SEO in mind... See this recent thread here: https://www.riseforums.comthreads/seo-for-multilingual-websites.1295/#post-9498

I have never tried to rank a site before with those plugins so I can't speak for that unfortunately. Looking at their documentation though it should be similar to separate directories for each language.

3. Thanks @Brian Jackson - yes as suggested earlier, I am planning to go with individual management of each language.

4. Wow, that's a lot of products and definitely a lot of pages. Be sure to get a robust VPS :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.