Welcome to Rise Forums

Join our fantastic community to connect with like-minded website owners, WordPress users, and online entrepreneurs.

WPLift for Sale

Discussion in 'WordPress News' started by Kris Hoja, Apr 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I don't see why it would be a problem. :)

For a start, if Oli did spend time developing the blog on his theme store, he would probably be linking to other theme stores less because he would be doing less news posts and more tutorial posts.

Even if he continued to actively promote WordPress themes and plugins from other developers (e.g. through theme and plugin lists), why would any theme or plugin store have a problem with him doing so? As long as he sends them traffic and customers, the theme and plugin companies will be happy.

2. Awesome reply Kev! :) That's very different from how it is here in Malaysia, where most people won't want to work with you if you're a competitor. Nonetheless, it's good to see the WordPress community as being cooperative rather than competitive :D

Kevin Muldoon likes this.
  3. The auction ends in about five hours. Current bid is $152,000 and reserve is $160,000.

I'm sure the reserve will be met.

Hopefully @Oli gets a good price (I realise I'm biased about these things as I'm a blogger too!).

It just highlights how profitable blogs can become if you treat them like a business.

4. 200K :D lol lol lol @Oli fingers crossed so you'll get at least $250k :)

Brian Jackson likes this.
  5. My bet was $195,000 did I win :) ?

6. 205,000 :) I guess you won hug from your teddy bear :D

Brian Jackson likes this.
  7. My guess was between $150k and $250k. It's much easier to be right when you choose a range that covers $100k :)

Great price.

All the best @Oli

What's your plans now? Are you going to focus on ThemeFurnace?

8. Congrats! I guess there's no reason why the TF blog couldn't become a popular WP blog in its own right.

9. Brian Jackson likes this.
  10. Heather likes this.
  11. Oh! Haha :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.